Live news stream
A man has been saved from the icy cold waters of the Thames by lifeboat after being spotted at Battersea. A team from the Chiswick and Tower RNLI was sent to pull him to safety last night. He needed mouth-to-mouth recusitation.
- All East Coast services north of Newcastle are currently suspended and no alternative transport is available
- Customers already travelling to destinations north of Newcastle should go back to where their journey began, with tickets for today being valid for travel tomorrow and tickets for Friday valid on Saturday
- Services south of Newcastle are currently running to an amended timetable with extended journey times
Speed restrictions have been imposed which means Virgin Trains is running an amended timetable.
- To and from Edinburgh/Glasgow Central, no trains are running between Carlisle and Edinburgh / Glasgow Central
- On Manchester services, trains between Crewe and Wilmslow are being delayed because of overhead wire problems
- Trains are being delayed by up to 120 minutes. Passengers may use London Midland services. Tickets will be valid on Friday 6 December if passengers decide not to travel
In addition to the problems out of Euston station, there are also problems at King's Cross. East Coast is advising customers out of King's Cross not to attempt to travel on its services north of Newcastle.
Virgin Trains says it cannot run any trains to and from Scotland because of today's severe weather conditions. In a statement Virgin said:
"We are currently unable to run trains to or from Scotland, due to high winds, and cannot guarantee that we will be able to run them later today. Customers are advised not to attempt to travel. Tickets for travel today (5 December) can be used to travel on Friday 6 December."
Michael Adebolajo told police day after the attack that MI5 could give them his home address as they'd visited him earlier this year.
This is the latest flood map for London and the South East from the Environment Agency, which is warning of the biggest tidal storm surge since the major floods of 1953.
Gales, strong winds, high tides & severe flood warning: Latest weather forecast here
What do the Environment Agency flood warnings mean? Find out here
London glowed orange this morning beneath a picturesque sunrise. Here are some of the best images from around the capital.
Incredible bright pink sunrise on approach to London ... http://t.co/BehOmNmoxf