Residents in Chiswick heard screams coming from the flat of a disabled woman, as the property was engulfed in flames.
Neighbour Toni Simonovski was among those who tried to save her, carrying her out of the flat.
Paramedics spent over an hour trying to revive the victim, but it's thought she had been overcome by fumes. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Toni Simonovski talks to reporter Phil Bayles.
A woman has died following a flat fire in Chiswick in the early hours of this morning.
Two people attempted to rescue her from the building before the Fire Brigade arrived, but she was later declared dead.
Around 20 firefighters tackled the blaze on Rothschild Road, having been called out at 1am.
By 2:20am they had the fire under control, but it had caused extensive damage to a first floor flat.