The result of a post-mortem on royal hospital nurse who apparently killed herself will be released at the inquest into her death tomorrow, Scotland Yard said.
The examination to establish the cause of Jacintha Saldanha's death began yesterday and has concluded but its result will not be officially announced until the hearing at Westminster Coroner's Court on Thursday morning.
The death is not being treated as suspicious and the inquest is expected to be opened and adjourned as inquiries are continuing.
A post-mortem examination is due to be held today on the nurse who apparently took her own life after she was duped by a hoax call made to the hospital treating the Duchess of Cambridge.
Jacintha Saldanha died in a suspected suicide on Friday after she was fooled by two Australian radio hosts making a prank call to the King Edward VII's Hospital in London.
The hospital worker transferred the presenters, who were pretending to be the Queen and the Prince of Wales, to a colleague who described Kate's condition in detail.
Jacintha Saldanha's widower Benedict and their son and daughter have been at the House of Commons, speaking on their behalf Labour MP Keith Vaz has said they are, "devastated by the death of Jacintha, a loving mother and a loving wife."
In a statement read by Labour MP Keith Vaz, the family of Jacintha Saldanha said they would like to thank the world's media for giving them the space to grieve and respect their privacy.
They also said they were grateful for the messages of support from around the world.
The family of Jacintha Saldanha are meeting the Labour MP Keith Vaz at the House of Commons.
The King Edward VII’s Hospital has announced details of a memorial fund for Jacintha Saldanha. The hospital said that money raised will go to the nurse's family.
– Lord Glenarthur, Chairman of King Edward VII’s Hospital
Jacintha Saldanha sadly died last week in tragic circumstances.
She was an outstanding nurse whose loss has shocked and saddened everyone at the hospital.
Following discussions with her family, we have now established the Jacintha Saldanha Memorial Fund in her memory.
– John Lofthouse, Chief Executive of King Edward VII’s Hospital
Everyone is aware of the terrible events of the past week.
All our thoughts are with Jacintha’s family, her husband and children.
We have offered them our deepest condolences and any support that we can provide.
We know that many people around the world would like to do the same, and so we have established this fund in order that donations can be used to help the family at this tragic time.
King Edward VII’s Hospital will, of course, be supporting this important initiative
From Sydney, ITV News's International Correspondent John Irvine said the Australian DJs at the centre of the Royal hoax will be required to answer more questions after they faced the media for the first time since nurse Jacintha Saldanha's death.
– spokeswoman for the King Edward VII's Hospital
Following the hoax call, the radio station did not speak to anyone in the hospital's senior management or anyone at the company that handles our media inquiries.