We’ve used some toilet humour to get our tips across which reminds us about the man whose arm was stuck down the loo http://t.co/cdMMaTjtco
3rd top tip: If you think you’re too big to fit into your child’s toy car: you are, like the man we rescued in Kingston 2 years ago #Wedged
In the last three years the capital's fire crews have been called out to:
- Eighteen incidents involving children with their heads stuck in potties or toilet seats.
- Five incidents involving people's hands being stuck in shredders.
- Seventy nine incidents involving people being trapped in handcuffs.
- Four incidents where people had their hands stuck in blenders
- Seventeen incidents involving children with their fingers stuck in toys
The popularity of erotic fiction like the bestseller Fifty Shades of Grey could be to blame for the dozens of incidents of people being trapped in handcuffs firefighters have been called out to over the past three years, a brigade said today.
London Fire Brigade said it had turned out to 79 such incidents - and nine instances of men with rings stuck on their penises - and urged people "always keep the keys handy".
In a bid to reduce non-emergency incidents we've released our most unusual call outs. We'll tweet a few throughout the day #FiftyShadesofRed
We're called out 6 times a year to kids with their heads stuck in potties & loo seats. Keep a close eye on your potty-training youngsters!