Backpacker killed by cheap 'gin'

Cheznye Emmons died after drinking what she thought was gin. It turned out to be methanol.

Essex woman dies after drinking poisoned 'gin'

"Don't buy cheap alcohol abroad". That's the desperate message from the father of a backpacker who was poisoned in Indonesia.

Cheznye Emmons from Essex fell ill after drinking what she thought was gin. It turned out to be methanol. Five days later her life support machine had to be turned off.

Rags Martel has the full story.

Advertisement