- 2 updates
Gareth Bale's proposed move to Real Madrid has temporarily been put on hold, according to reports.
There was wide speculation that Tottenham would finalise a £93m transfer to the Spanish capital today - the biggest deal in footballing history.
QPR manager and former Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp even said he was "sure" the deal would be completed.
However there are now reports that Spurs are unwilling to sanction Bale's move until they have signed at least one new player to fill his position in the squad.
Their bid for Anzhi Makhachkala striker Willian was thrown into jeopardy on Thursday after Chelsea put in a rival bid. Blues manager Jose Mourinho hinted today that Willian had already chosen Chelsea over Spurs.
QPR manager Harry Redknapp said today he is "sure" Gareth Bale will move to Real Madrid for a reported 99 million Euros (around £85 million), the most expensive football deal ever completed.
The Rangers boss said Bale would settle in well in Spain. "You couldn't meet a nicer fella", he said, "he's a level-headed boy and he'll go out here and he'll enjoy it".
However, he said despite the loss of Bale, Spurs are now more than ever contenders to win the League, having brought in some "fantastic" new players.
He also expressed a few concerns ahead QPR's match with Bolton Wanderers tomorrow. Of particular concern is Junior Hoilett's recent hamstring injury, which he said would be a "big blow" for the squad.
He also said the club are still on the hunt for new players: "I always felt the hardest part would be shifting people rather than getting people in. But they've managed to do that, and we've bought a few in, and we're still looking to strengthen as we can."