- 15 updates
Reported crime at this year's Notting Hill Carnival is "significantly down" on last year's event, police have said.
There were a total of 301 arrests as part of the Met Police's Notting Hill Carnival operation.
They were broken down as:
18 for assault on police
6 for criminal damage
64 for public order offences
19 for possession of an offensive weapon
96 for drugs
16 for theft
3 for sexual assault
12 for robbery
10 for GBH
14 for common assault
The big clean-up in underway in Notting Hill. This year's carnival saw around one million people enjoying a festival of music, food and dancing over the bank holiday. 196 people were arrested during the event.
Once a year since 1966, Notting Hill comes alive with the sights and sounds of carnival.
The celebration of Carribbean culture is Europe's biggest street festival - this year attracting more than a million people. Carolyn Sim reports.
Captured on YouTube - policemen dancing at Notting Hil Carnival.
As the police announce 111 people have been arrested at this year's Notting Hill Carnival we reveal what they were for:
9 assault on police 3 criminal damage 27 public order offences 7 possession of an offensive weapon 30 drugs 3 Theft 2 Sexual assault 3 Robbery 1 GBH 5 Common assault 21 Other offences.
Police have just announced that the number of arrests at this year's Notting Hill Carnival has risen to 111.
1) Meet friends before entering the Notting Hill Carnival area.
2) With so many people in the area, you may struggle to get mobile phone reception, so ensure you have a set meeting place in case you lose anyone.
3) Make sure you know how you are getting home before you arrive. A number of tube stations in the area are closed or exit only for much of the weekend.
4) Go with the flow of the crowd.
5) Don’t bring your valuables or wear expensive jewellery and don't carry too much cash.
6) Keep your belongings with you at all times.
7) Drink plenty of water.
8) Consider using a disposable camera, rather than an expensive camera.
9) If you see an unattended bag or package, report it immediately
10) Make sure you take a map with you
The Metropolitan Police say that 93 people were arrested at the Notting Hill carnival on Sunday.
There were 2 arrests for sexual assault, 1 for GBH and 9 for assaults on the police.
More than 6,000 officers were on duty yesterday, with more expected to police the event today.
Last year 98 people were arrested on the first day of the carnival.