- 3 updates
The Met Police says the 18-year-old woman was remanded in custody, and will appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Thursday, 17 October. She appeared today at Thames Magistrates' Court charged with:
- Wilful neglect of three children
- Causing or allowing the death of a child
- The baby was taken to hospital by ambulance from an address in Bow on Friday
- London Ambulance Service contacted police at 5.30pm due to the condition of the girl. She was dead by 5.45pm
- The woman, who has not been named by the police, was arrested on Saturday and later charged
An 18-year-old woman is due to appear in court in east London today charged with causing the death of a four-month-old baby girl. She is charged with causing the death of a child and the wilful neglect of three children, which includes the dead baby.