- 4 updates
Two men have been arrested by police investigating a fatal hit-and-run in west London involving a pensioner. The men, aged 37 and 36 were arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. It follows a collision in Brentford yesterday.
Police are still asking any witnesses to contact them, on 0208 941 9011 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Police say the car - a red hatchback - was last seen driving north on Boston Manor Road toward the A4:
- Witnesses report seeing two white inside the car
- The car is described as being "dirty"
- Police say the vehicle would have damage to its front
- The collision happened at Boston Manor Road with the junction of Half Acre
- The pensioner and her granddaughter were thought to be crossing the road at the time
- The woman in her late 60s died at the scene
- Her granddaughter escaped without injury
A pensioner has been killed in a hit-and-run in west London while walking with her seven-year-old granddaughter. A red hatchback car was seen leaving the scene of the collision in Brentford around 4pm on Monday.