- 3 updates
- James Hughes died at the Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow on February 14, 2010
- He fell unexpectedly ill following knee surgery
- The operation went well but while recovering he developed abdominal pain
- He suspected there had been a rupture in Mr Hughes' bowel - a potentially life-threatening condition that requires surgery
- But the surgeon ignored the urgency that the case demanded and the patient later died
The wife of James Hughes, described the suffering the family had gone through in a victim impact statement:
A senior doctor at a private hospital in north west London has been convicted of killing a patient.
66-year-old David Sellu was found guilty of gross negligence manslaughter following the death of father of six James Hughes. Mr Hughes died at the Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow in 2010.