– Leon Daniels, Managing Director of TfL Surface Transport
Our deepest sympathies go out to the family and friends of the male cyclist who has tragically died following a collision with a bus in Addiscombe Road, Croydon,today.
We will be assisting the Metropolitan Police Service and the local authority with their investigations into the incident.
Cycle safety is taken extremely seriously and we have a range of measures underway to ensure that the capital’s roads are as safe as they possibly can be for cyclists.
- The victim was hit by a bus at Station Approach, East Croydon justbefore midday
- He was treated at the scene and taken to St George’s Hospital by air ambulance where he later died
– London Ambulance Service
We were called just before midday to reports of a road traffic collision involving a bus and cyclist at Station Approach, Croydon.
Our staff treated three patients. The cyclist, a man, was in cardiac arrest. Extensive efforts were made to resuscitate him at the scene before he was taken to St George's Hospital escorted by the doctor from the air ambulance.
Our staff treated two further female patients, one of who was taken unwell and was taken to Croydon University Hospital.
The other female patient was treated for shock but was not taken to hospital.
The London Ambulance service has confirmed that the cyclist involved in the collision with a bus in East Croydon has died.
- The collision happened around midday on Addiscombe Road near East Croydon station
- The victim fell beneath the number 410 bus
Met Police have confirmed another collision today between a bus and cyclist. The cyclist, thought to be aged in his 40s, reportedly suffered life threatening injures.
Advice to motorist to avoid East Croydon area at this time whilst emegency services respond to serious collision w/bus and cyclist
Police say they 46-year-old cyclist is now in a serious but stable condition following the collision in Kennington.
- Met Police were called by London Ambulance at 8:45am
- The collision happened in Kennington Park Road at the junction with Kennington Road
- The bus stopped at the scene and the driver has not been arrested
A cyclist has collided with a bus on Kennington Park Road in south London. The cyclist, a 46-year-old man has been taken to a south London hospital in a critical condition.