- 7 updates
Alison and Tim Hysom joined Detective Inspector John Delaney at Ilford police station to appeal for the public's help in finding their 15-year-old daughter.
DI Delaney added: "We are taking this matter seriously and a lot of resources, including search teams, have been deployed. We are concerned for her welfare because she is vulnerable, she is suffering from depression and she is just 15.
"It is out of character and there has been no contact from her since the day she went missing."
- Ella's parents describe her as intelligent and having a lively, gregarious and confident
- Her depression had made her anxious lately and she may come across as nervous
- They added that she was deputy head girl at her school in Colchester and an accomplished rower. She also enjoys ballroom dancing
The parents of a 15-year-old girl missing in east London appealed to the public today to help find her. Ella Hysom from Colchester in Essex had been staying at a residential unit in Goodmayes while being treated for depression. She was last seen on Monday.
Her mother, Alison said: "Ella, darling, please get in touch. We love you so much. You are so loved by so many friends and family and we just want you back."
Her father Tim said: "We really just want to know that Ella is safe, we want her back, but we want to know she is safe. We're trying to stay as strong as possible. Our focus is on finding her. It is very difficult."
Police have released a new image of a missing 15-year-old girl known to be suffering depression.
Ella Hysom was last seen on Monday in Clements Road in Ilford walking towards Cineworld.
She was recently treated in hospital suffering for the condition.
- Ella is described as white, 5ft 7ins tall
- She was wearing blue jeans, a green coat and a jumper with Ugg boots
- Anyone with information should contact police immediately on 020 8345 2710
Police are asking for the public's help to find a 15-year-old girl who has gone missing from Ilford in east London.
Ella Hysom was last seen at Barley Lane in Ilford on Monday 11 November at 1pm. She was visiting the Goodmayes area comes from Colchester in Essex.