- 5 updates
- August 2012: 1,163,171 hires
- August 2013: 904,155 hires
- September 2012: 1,015,145 hires
- September 2013: 701,723 hires
- October 2012: 856,866 hires
- October 2013: 674,154 hires
- November 2012: 726,893 hires
- November 2013: 514,146 hires
Latest figures show the number of cyclists using Boris bikes was down by almost a third last month compared to the same time a year ago.
The Mayor's office says the fall in demand follows a record Olympic and Diamond Jubilee year. City Hall has dismissed suggestions that growing concern among Londoners over cycle safety, following 14 deaths this year, may be to blame.
Latest ITV News reports
Since August, numbers have fallen on average by around 200,000 a month.