- 7 updates
Demonstrators held a picnic on the Circle Line on Monday in protest against the Women Who Eat On Tubes group.
The man behind the controversial craze claimed it was an "observational study" last week.
Transport for London has called on commuters to show respect to other passengers after a Facebook group sharing pictures of women eating on the London Underground sparked controversy.
Steve Burton, TfL's director of enforcement and on-street operations, added:
Three people have contacted police about the 'Women Who Eat On Tubes' Facebook group.
The page, which has 21,000 members, has been heavily criticised amid claims it objectifies and humiliates women.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: "To date one person has told us their picture is on the Facebook group, while two people have called to inform us of the group."
A student protesting against a Facebook group showing images of women eating on the London Underground has told the page's founder that women do not want to be the subject of his art.
Lucy Brisbane McKay, who has organised a protest picnic on the Circle Line on Monday, told the group's founder Tony Burke during an interview on Radio 4:
The creator of the Women Who Eat on Tubes craze claims Facebook has shut the page down.
The group has sparked criticism from campaigners with many calling the site offensive and sexist.
Tony Burke, who described the group as art and an "observational study", told BBC Radio 4: "As of this morning Facebook have taken the group down. So actually we are talking about something posthumously."
However, a closed group with the same name still appeared to be on the social media site, meaning only members can see the page's content.
A man who set up a controversial Facebook page sharing images of women eating on the Tube has defended it as an "observational study".
Tony Burke, who founded the Women Who Eat On Tubes group in 2011, denied accusations the page was sexist as he claimed he was attempting to create something "artistic".
"I think we have a right to take photos of people without asking their permission. I think was trying to create something artistic," he told BBC Radio 4.
Mr Burke said the page was never destined to become the "radioactive monster which has mutated into" as a result of the publicity.
Women who have been pictured eating on the underground and their images uploaded to a Facebook page have been urged to contact the British Transport Police, the Evening Standard reports.
Facebook page 'Women Who Eat on Tubes' is encouraging the public to upload pictures of women eating on the underground, which has caused a stir on social media.
Captions of what underground line they were on and what they were eating is also displayed.
The page states in its summary: "Subjects are embraced and cherished. We celebrate and encourage women eating food on tubes, we do not marginalise them. WWEOT is observational not judgmental. It doesn't intimidate nor bully."
Speaking to the Evening Standard, Director of Enforcement and On-Street Operations Steve Burton has advised passengers:
"If any customer has concerns about such behaviour, believing there may be a sinister motive, they are advised to speak to our staff or the British Transport Police."
Please dial 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016 if you need to contact the British Transport Police