- 3 updates
Commuters fled a busy Tube station in panic today after a passenger's electrical device overheated, causing sparks and smoke to pour out of his bag. Passengers screamed and ran out of Chancery Lane station in central London while others were in tears following the security scare at 9.30am.
A British Transport Police spokesman said the man who owned the device immediately got off the Tube and spoke to staff after he realised his device was smoking. They said no one was hurt in the incident, and it is not being treated as suspicious.