- 3 updates
Network Rail have released a video showing track laying at London Bridge last week. Two new platforms have opened at the station this morning.
- London Bridge is the oldest major station in the capital.
- 54 million passengers travel through London Bridge a year.
- Platform 6 at London Bridge is reckoned to be the busiest in Europe, with 18 trains an hour.
- When finished in mid-2016, London Bridge's new concourse will cover an area greater than Wembley's pitch.
- The work is being carried out to integrate all platforms at the station to the same concourse.
Rail passengers who travel through London Bridge have been warned to expect nine days of disruption from today as upgrade work continues at the station. No First Capital Connect or Southern trains will call at the station until 1st September. The upgrade is due to be completed in 2018