It's fair to say this London boxer really loves his home cioty.
The success of Nicola Adams in the London 2012 Olympics has been credited with getting more women into the ring.
Haye's trainer Adam Booth says that he is in "frightening shape" ahead of his match against Dereck Chisora at Upton Park on Saturday.
Young Londoner George Groves will face off against super-middleweight champion Carl Froch in the ring this evening. 25 year old Groves is looking to extend his unbeaten 19 match streak while Froch plans to defend his WBA and IBF titles.
The two have exchanged harsh words and almost came to blows before the match even started when they had to be pulled apart on the podium at the weigh-in.
Haye's February 8 match against fellow Brit Tyson Fury will now be cancelled.
It's the second time Haye has had to pull out of the fight; he previously cancelled in September after sustaining an eye injury.
Thanks everyone for all the kind words of support. It means a great deal to me in these low times x http://t.co/F5tRGZX770
In a statement on his website, David Haye said:
“I genuinely believed the shoulder injury wasn't that bad...But the doctor sent me for a detailed MRI scan and within 24 hours I was told the full extent of the damage. Twenty-four hours after that I was in the operating theatre.
“It's a crushing blow for me. I had big plans for next year and the ultimate goal was to win back the world heavyweight title, something my amazing fans deserve.
"What I didn't anticipate was that this year would be the unluckiest of my career and that a number of injuries would disrupt my plans so much.
"Perhaps it just wasn't meant to be. The boxing Gods keep hinting that maybe enough is enough and that it's time to finally hang up my gloves.”
The boxer from Bermondsey tweeted this picture of him in a hospital bed last night with the message, 'I am truly gutted for my loyal fans'.
Haye's promoters say he had five hours of surgery in Germany last Thursday to reconstruct his right shoulder and in a statement say:
'[Haye] has since been told to seriously consider ending his glittering 11-year professional boxing career.
The operation was to the right subscapularis and bicep tendon attachments, both of which were ruptured.'
Former undisputed world heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis says he would be happy to make a return to the ring to face IBF, WBA and WBO titlist Wladimir Klitschko. But he would only do it for $100 million - the biggest prize in boxing history.
London-born Lewis last fought professionally over a decade ago, but told the Daily Mail he would be ready to step back into the ring with only six months of training, on the condition he takes with him the huge price tag.
Lennox Lewis said: "I have told them I can be ready in six months and I am in provisional training. I said at the time that it will take $50m to get me out of my pyjamas but now I have to consider the value of my legacy of having retired as undisputed champion. That will cost them $100m."
Lewis had always maintained he had no interest in making a comeback since retiring after beating Klitschko's older brother Vitali in June 2003 in controversial circumstances, retaining his WBC title when the fight was stopped after the sixth round in Los Angeles.
Boxer Anthony Joshua was one of London's true stars of the Olympics. The Watford-born heavyweight started the Games a novice on the international scene- and finished as a gold medallist.
Now he's going professional, and this weekend he'll make his debut at the O2 Arena. He told Rags Martel that he hopes his Olympic journey has prepared him for this next step in his career. This report contains flashing images.
Former world heavyweight champion David Haye has had to postpone a Sept. 28 bout with fellow Briton Tyson Fury in Manchester after suffering a cut over his left eyebrow in training.
Londoner Haye was sparring with Croatian Filip Hrgovic on Friday when he suffered the wound that needed six stitches.
Promoters Hayemaker Boxing said in a statement that the stitches would have to remain in place for between five and seven days. No date was set for any rescheduled fight.
"Even when everything seems to be right on track, sometimes life throws you a curveball," said the 32-year-old Haye. "I will somehow have to try and make the best of this horrible situation. But, right now, I'm in bits about what has happened."
Haye's previous planned fight, against Germany's Manuel Charr, was cancelled in June when the Briton suffered a hand injury. He has not fought since July 2012, when he beat Dereck Chisora.
The former WBA world heavyweight champion David Haye has defended Audley Harrison after the 2000 Olympic champion announced his retirement from boxing. Harrison faced heavy criticism after being easily beaten by Haye when they fought for the world title in 2010.
But Haye said Harrison had achieved a lot in his career.
– David Haye, former WBA world champion
"I know he didn't lace a pair of gloves on until he was 18 or 19, I know he had a bit of a rough upbringing. So I'm sure if someone had said to him then that he would achieve all this - being a professional, European champion, world title challenger, Olympic champion - I'm sure he would have snatched that out of your hand and said 'thank you very much, I'll have that'.
"I'm sure you can look back through thousands of British boxers and boxers from around the world who haven't achieved a tenth of what Audley has done."
Former world featherweight champion Barry McGuigan pays tribute to Michael Norgrove.
Very sad to hear of Michael Norgrove's passing RIP. My deepest sympathies to his family.