A person has been killed by a train, with the resulting disruption causing rush-hour chaos on a busy commuter line.
Services between London's Victoria station and Brighton were subject to cancellations and delays after the incident at Hassocks station this afternoon.
Police are not treating the incident as suspicious.
Thousands of commuters faced delays and cancelled journeys today after flooding partly closed the mainline between Brighton and London. Services affected during this morning's rush hour because of flooding at Patcham.
- Police say the victim checked into the hotel on Sunday July 7, and the attack took place in the early hours of Monday July 8
- She contacted police after returning home to London
- The man seen in the image has not been named
Police have released an image of a man they are trying to trace after a woman from London was raped in a hotel room. The 26-year-old victim was attacked in Brighton while staying at Legends Hotel on Sunday July 7.
An annual veteran car rally began in Hyde Park today.
The event attracts entrants from all over the globe and for the owners of these highly valuable veteran cars it represents a rare opportunity to take their extraordinary automobiles on the historic 60-mile run from Hyde Park in central London to the seafront of Brighton in Sussex.
- Around 28,500 cyclists took part today
- In 38 years around 750, 000 riders have taken part
- They have cycled more than 40 million miles between them
- Riders have raised over £57m to go towards fighting coronary heart disease
After months of preparation the wheels are finally in motion for thousands of cyclists taking part in the annual London to Brighton charity ride.
Nearly 29,000 are making the 54 mile journey this year, with proceeds going to the British Heart Foundation campaign against coronary heart disease.
The weather was gloomy, but spirits at the starting line couldn't be dampened. The riders set off from Clapham Common at staggered times from 6am.