No matter how bad your journey to work may be some days, it probably never gets as bad at the 7.29am Brighton to London Victoria.Read the full story ›
A person has been killed by a train, with the resulting disruption causing rush-hour chaos on a busy commuter line.
Services between London's Victoria station and Brighton were subject to cancellations and delays after the incident at Hassocks station this afternoon.
Police are not treating the incident as suspicious.
Thousands of commuters faced delays and cancelled journeys today after flooding partly closed the mainline between Brighton and London. Services affected during this morning's rush hour because of flooding at Patcham.
We believe the man is from north London but we are keen to speak to anyone who recognises him or who knows where he could be.
If you know him please ask him to contact us.
If you have seen him and know who he is please get in touch with us so we can speak to him about what happened.
We want to get justice for the victim and need the public's help.
- Police say the victim checked into the hotel on Sunday July 7, and the attack took place in the early hours of Monday July 8
- She contacted police after returning home to London
- The man seen in the image has not been named
Police have released an image of a man they are trying to trace after a woman from London was raped in a hotel room. The 26-year-old victim was attacked in Brighton while staying at Legends Hotel on Sunday July 7.
An annual veteran car rally began in Hyde Park today.
The event attracts entrants from all over the globe and for the owners of these highly valuable veteran cars it represents a rare opportunity to take their extraordinary automobiles on the historic 60-mile run from Hyde Park in central London to the seafront of Brighton in Sussex.
- Around 28,500 cyclists took part today
- In 38 years around 750, 000 riders have taken part
- They have cycled more than 40 million miles between them
- Riders have raised over £57m to go towards fighting coronary heart disease