Teenager Malala Yousafzai burst into a fit of giggles when she met the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh at Buckingham Palace.
A man has broken into Buckingham Palace sparking a major security alert - he was was arrested inside the Queen's home earlier this week.
Last Monday's break-in at Buckingham Palace is the latest in a series of security scares involving the Royal Family.
Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, was challenged by armed police in the gardens of Buckingham Palace and asked to verify his identity after an intruder broke in last week.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed that a man was ordered to verify his identity by two officers, with the Sunday Express claiming the 53 year old prince had been told to "put your hands up and get on the ground".
Andrew had earlier attended an engagement in Piccadilly supporting new business ventures.
"The man was satisfactorily identified. No weapons were drawn and no force was used," the police said in a statement.
Two days ago police arrested a man who had been found inside the palace on Monday evening. He was held on suspicion of burglary, trespass and criminal damage.
A second man was arrested outside the palace on suspicion of conspiracy to commit burglary. Both men have since been released on bail.
Buckingham Palace has not commented on the break-in, which is one of the most serious security breaches at the Queen's London residence in more than 30 years.
The most notorious came in 1982 when father-of-four Michael Fagan evaded guards to reach the Queen in her bedroom.
Her Majesty talked to the 31-year-old for around 10 minutes after he climbed over the palace walls and up a drainpipe.
She then managed to alert a footman, who held him down until police arrived.
Security measures will be reviewed as part of an investigation into a break-in at Buckingham Palace, the Metropolitan Police have confirmed.
"A review of the specific circumstances of this incident is being carried out," a spokesman confirmed. "No members of the Royal Family were at Buckingham Palace at the time of the incident."
Two men have been arrested and bailed following the break-in on Monday evening.
Scotland Yard has confirmed two men were arrested "following an incident in the vicinity of Buckingham Palace" on Monday evening in a statement to The Sun.
– Scotland Yard spokesperson
Police arrested two men following an incident in the vicinity of Buckingham Palace at approximately 22.20 hours on Monday, 2 September.
Both men have been bailed to return to a central London police station and enquiries continue.
A review of the specific circumstances of this incident has been carried out.
Two men have been arrested following an alleged break-in at Buckingham Palace earlier this week, The Sun has reported.
The newspaper claims one of the suspected burglars scaled a 12ft fence and kicked open a door to gain entry into the Palace last Monday evening.
He was reportedly discovered in one of the state rooms, while a second suspect was reportedly held outside the Palace.
The newspaper said the alleged intruder was arrested on suspicion of burglary, tresspass and criminal damage to a door, while the other man was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to burgle.
Civil Service FC is the sole surviving club from the 11 clubs who founded The FA in the Freemasons' Tavern, Great Queen Street in London in 1863. Polytechnic FC was formed in 1875.
Chairman of the FA, Greg Dyke, said:
"We are delighted that, in his role as President of The FA, HRH The Duke of Cambridge has given his support to this initiative - even going as far as arranging for the first ever game of football to be played at Buckingham Palace in honour of our grassroots heroes."
The two teams from west London are going head to head in the unique Southern Amateur League fixture. Wembley groundsman Tony Stones will work with the royal household gardeners to create a pitch in the 40 acre garden.
Prince William will host the event and present medals to 150 grassroots volunteers in recognition of their dedication to the sport.
– Duke of Cambridge
In our 150th year, it is hugely important for The FA to honour the efforts of the many thousands of volunteers who week in, week out, help to provide the opportunity for millions more people to enjoy football at grassroots level.
Inviting 150 of these volunteers to Buckingham Palace provides a fitting way for The FA to pay tribute and give thanks.
Buckingham Palace will host its first ever official football match as part of The Football Association's 150th anniversary celebrations.
The Duke of Cambridge who is President of The FA helped arrange the game between two of England's oldest amateur clubs, Civil Service FC and Polytechnic FC, both based in Chiswick.