The fire in Camden Market is now under control according to witnesses.
Firefighters were called to Chalk Farm Road at 8pm this evening. No one has been hurt, but hundreds of people have been evacuated from nearby buildings.
"The fire has broken through the roof but smoke has dissipated. No one is involved."
London Fire Brigade say they are working hard to bring the fire under control and that there are no reports of any injuries.They also say the cause of the incident is not known at this stage.
Transport for London wrote on Twitter:
Due to the fire on Chalk Farm Road, Camden High St is closed. All traffic is diverted up Kentish Town Road. Use other routes, expect delays.
The fire at Stables Market on Chalk Farm Road can be seen from miles around. We were called just before 8pm #Camden
We've got 6 fire engines & 30 firefighters dealing with a fire in Stables Market in Chalk Farm Road. More soon.
- Install protected cycle lanes in a newly created Bradley Wiggins Way (Kilburn ward, Brent)
- Remove through motor traffic from the cycling corridor on Tavistock Place (Bloomsbury ward, Camden)
- Redesign Wimbledon's town centre to be walking and cycling-friendly (Hillside ward, Merton)
- Reduce motor traffic speed to 20mph in Carlton Hill and surrounding streets (Abbey Road ward, Westminster)
- Create safe cycle routes for children linking six schools in Tufnell Park (Junction ward, Islington)
- Make a cycle route through Russell Park as alternative to busy Woolwich Road (Barnehurst ward, Bexley)
Chief Executive of business representatives Camden Town Unlimited, Simon Pitkeathley said it was fantastic news and a victory for common sense.