The fire at Stables Market on Chalk Farm Road can be seen from miles around. We were called just before 8pm #Camden
We've got 6 fire engines & 30 firefighters dealing with a fire in Stables Market in Chalk Farm Road. More soon.
- Install protected cycle lanes in a newly created Bradley Wiggins Way (Kilburn ward, Brent)
- Remove through motor traffic from the cycling corridor on Tavistock Place (Bloomsbury ward, Camden)
- Redesign Wimbledon's town centre to be walking and cycling-friendly (Hillside ward, Merton)
- Reduce motor traffic speed to 20mph in Carlton Hill and surrounding streets (Abbey Road ward, Westminster)
- Create safe cycle routes for children linking six schools in Tufnell Park (Junction ward, Islington)
- Make a cycle route through Russell Park as alternative to busy Woolwich Road (Barnehurst ward, Bexley)
Chief Executive of business representatives Camden Town Unlimited, Simon Pitkeathley said it was fantastic news and a victory for common sense.
HS2 link requires too many compromises in terms of impacts on freight, passengers and the community in Camden, says Transport Secretary.Read the full story ›
Commenting on today’s report on HS2 by HS2 chairman Sir David Higgins, Chief Executive of Camden Town Unlimited, Simon Pitkeathley said:
Sir David is right to say that the current HS1-HS2 link is sub-optimal and needs to be reconsidered.
The link as it stands tears through the heart of Camden Town, potentially destroying our world-famous markets and causing over a decade of disruption to the area. Tunnelling the link instead of ripping through Camden Town above ground will mean that HS2 passengers get a better service, and Londoners don’t lose one of the most vibrant and creative areas of our city.
We need urgent clarification from HS2 Ltd on the plans for the Link so that Camden Town is not left with years of blight due to uncertainty.
Teachers at a school in north London have been criticised by school inspectors for being too scruffy.Read the full story ›