Live updates

Police probe burglary at DJ's home

Chris Moyles Credit: PA

Police have launched an investigation after burglars ransacked the home of Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles and stole two cars from his driveway.

The presenter, 38, was reportedly on holiday when the raiders struck at his £2 million property in Highgate, north London, on Thursday.

The vehicles, believed to be an Audi RS and Mercedes ML63 AMG worth around £100,000, were stolen from the scene but have since been recovered by police.

Moyles, the longest-serving breakfast host in Radio 1's 45-year history, will present his last show next month after eight years behind the microphone. He is being replaced by Nick Grimshaw.


Footballer held after car chase

An Arsenal footballer was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving just a couple of miles from the club's training ground, police said.

It is understood that Andre Santos, 29, from Brazil, was apprehended by officers who noticed a car being driven erratically by a driver who failed to stop.

Andre Santos Credit: PA

The incident happened last Friday morning, the day before the North London team's first game of the season, Scotland Yard said.

It is thought Santos, who was on the bench for the Gunners' opener against Sunderland on Saturday, was behind the wheel of a powerful sports car.

He was picked up by officers close to Arsenal's training ground in London Colney in Hertfordshire.

Police say Santos has been bailed to return at a date in mid-September to a north London police station.

Reward offered in car murder case

A reward of up to £20,000 has been offered for information on the murder of a man shot dead while he sat in a car.

Randy Osei-Boateng, 27, was gunned down while he sat in the driver's seat of a parked car in Lakeside Road, West Kensington, west London.

Emergency crews were called to the scene shortly after 4pm on Monday May 9 last year.

Mr Osei-Boateng, who was originally from Ghana but lived in Leigham Avenue, in Streatham, south London, was confirmed dead at the scene.

The Metropolitan Police said they believed he had been shot by a lone suspect.

A post-mortem examination revealed the cause of death was a gunshot wound to the chest.

Detective Inspector Mark Gower, who is in charge of the investigation, said: "I would like to appeal to anyone who may have any information, no matter how trivial they think it may be, to please come forward."