Chelsea could end up playing a season at Wembley Stadium if they go ahead and redevelop Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea are keen to expand their current capacity from 41,623 to 60,000 in an attempt to compete with rivals Arsenal and Manchester United who attract weekly attendances of 60,000 and 75,000 at the Emirates Stadium and Old Trafford.
Chelsea have already sounded out the Rugby Football Union over a temporary move to Twickenham Stadium. But that could be met with opposition from people living nearby.
There are few other alternatives which means the club may have to consider Wembley. Currently the number of events at the stadium is limited by the council to 37 a year because of issues with noise, parking and policing. Chelsea would need to change that, which could require a public consultation.
Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois has signed a new five-year contract, the club confirms.
I'm very happy with this new deal, it's really nice to have signed this new contract for five years. My future was already sorted but it's nice to know I'm going to be here for another five years and now I can just concentrate on playing games.
The news brings into doubt Cech's future at Stamford Bridge, with manager Jose Mourinho preferring Courtois at the start of the campaign. The 32-year-old Czech Republic goalkeeper has faced unfamiliar circumstances this season, beginning the season on the substitutes' bench.
Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicueta has signed a new five-year contract to extend his time with the club.
The 25-year-old Spaniard moved to Stamford Bridge in 2012 and has played a big part in a strong start to the season as left-back.
Azpilicueta joined the Blues from Marseille in August 2012 and has made 95 appearances for the club, winning the Players' Player of the Year award last season.
He made his senior international debut for Spain against Qatar in February last year, and was part of this summer's World Cup squad.
Chelsea now have 22 players on loan to other clubs, with the announcement that Nathaniel Chalobah is joining Burnley.
Fernando Torres is expected to move to AC Milan on a free two-year loan deal according to ITV Sport.The 30-year-old striker arrived from Liverpool FC in July 2011 and cost The Blues £50 million.
Chelsea has started talks with QPR, regarding Loic Remy replacing Fernando Torres according to the Telegraph.
Torres has just joined AC Milan for free on a two-year loan.
Frank Lampard told ITV News he regrets drunkenly abusing Americans in the wake of the September 11 attacks, admitting he "was young and naive".
The midfielder, who has joined New York City FC, said: "I was young and naive...and now have some regrets about what I did.
"I categorically didn't set out to insult anyone and have badly tried for 13 years at Chelsea to be a good man on and off the pitch and I want everyone to see that I have improved.
"The most important thing to say is, I did not set out to hurt anyone. I was misrepresented by the British newspapers at the time.
"I will go to the 911 memorial to pay my respects and to show New Yorkers who I am and to apologise."
ITV News Deputy Political Editor Chris Ship has tweeted:
NEW: Lampard tells us he's sorry over his 2001 drunken abuse of Americans post-9/11 & WILL go to 9/11 memorial now he is playing for NYCity
New York City have signed former Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard.
I want to carry on challenging myself. I want to be that leader on and off the pitch. I'm coming to a great city and I want to show that I can play great football and be a great personality in the locker room.
I've been watching games in the MLS for a long time back home. It's a great opportunity and a great challenge for me.