Lord Blair has said he believes corruption at the Met is likely to involve only a few junior officers.
Leveson Inquiry hear how News International refused to co-operate with original phone hacking investigation
Scotland Yard chiefs dined with media bosses to convince them Britain was at risk from terror attacks, a senior officer said
A fugitiveMafia boss wanted by the Italian authorities told officers who arrested him"I'm not going back, they will kill me", a court heard.
Domenico Rancadore, 64, was denied bail for a second time at Westminster Magistrates' Court after being arrested earlier this month at his £360,000 family home in Uxbridge.
He is wanted in Italy to serve a seven-year jail term for his role as "a man of honour" in the Cosa Nostra.
A fugitive Mafia boss arrested in a west London suburb is due back in court today.
Domenico Rancadore, 64, is wanted in Italy to serve a seven-year jail term for his role as "a man of honour" in mafia group Cosa Nostra.
Westminster Magistrates' Court was told earlier this month that he was a leader in a murderous gang that "spread terror in Sicily".
In recent years he had been living in Uxbridge with his English wife and daughter, going by the name 'Marco Skinner' and working in a travel agency.
The man who threw a bottle onto the track at the start of the men's Olympic 100 metres final is to be sentenced today.
Ashley Gill-Webb was found guilty of two public order offences.
Three men are appearing in court today charged with the murder of a 21-year-old who was shot at his flat, police said.
Reece Menzies was found dead at his home in Bournemouth on July 25th.
Dorset Police said three London men, aged 22, 24 and 33, had been charged with murder and would appear at Bournemouth Magistrates' Court today.
The victim was found dead at his flat, at the junction of Roumelia Lane and Sea Road in Boscombe.
The three charged men were arrested in addresses in London and the Folkestone area of Kent on Tuesday.
Corrupt police chief Ali Dizaei has lost his job at Scotland Yard for a second time.
The 49-year-old, who has twice been jailed for corruption, was dismissed from his post as commander after an internal disciplinary tribunal.
The dismissal came after he was found guilty of misconduct and perverting the course of justice at a retrial in February.
He was sentenced to three years in prison but that was cut by the time he'd already spent behind bars after a conviction in 2010 was quashed by the Court of Appeal.
He won his job back at the Metropolitan Police but was suspended on a full salary pending disciplinary action.
Today, a spokesman for Dizaei said: "His case against the Metropolitan Police Service and his conviction is not over."
Dizaei is appealing the conviction and plans to go to take the Met to an employment tribunal next year.
A serving Scotland Yard officer has been charged with trying to meet a child on the internet for sex.
The Metropolitan Police have confirmed that 32-year-old Christopher Exley will appear in court tomorrow.
He's accused of planning to arrange a sex offence.
He has been suspended from duties but will appear in court on bail.
Two men will be sentenced on Monday for shooting a stranger dead after a row in a queue at McDonald's.
Horace Campbell,28, and Liam Douglas-O'Callaghan, 18, were found guilty of murdering DevonScarlett, 32, in Brixton in April last year.
The Old Bailey heard Campbell and Mr Scarlett were involved in a row at the restaurant.
They were escorted outside by security guards, but the argument carried on and they agreed to meet in a nearby street for a shoot-out.
Campbell called Douglas-O'Callaghan to bring his gun.
He then followed Mr Scarlett down a street and fired three shots, two of them hitting the victim.
Mr Scarlett died a few hours later in hospital.
Campbell and O'Callaghan both denied murder.
– Bobbie Cheema, Prosecutor
"Horace Campbell was determined to avenge the perceived lack of respect that DevonScarlett showed him.
"Devon Scarlett acted with foolish bravado, behaving like a tough guy, but whatever he said and did, he was not armed."
A man was stabbed to death in a "frenzied and wordless" attack after asking a young father if everything was alright with his crying child, the Old Bailey has heard.
Jurors were told 63-year-old Alan Smith was stabbed five times in front of his partner and daughter as "revenge" for the enquiry.
He was at the BB Cafe in Leyton, east London in March last year when he asked Matthew Quesada about the crying child.
Prosecutors said Quesada swore at Mr Smith, who took his family to the nearby Roma café.
The court was told Quesada went home, picked up a knife from his house, and then returned to carry out the attack on Mr Smith.
Quesada was found in a car with his mother the next day. He had cut his hair, and had his passport with him and details of flights to Brazil.
A magazine is being prosecuted for potentially putting the Stephen Lawrence trial in danger of collapse.
The Spectator is accused of breaching a court order, which prevents prejudicial material being published before jurors had reached verdicts.
An article written by Rod Liddle during the trial called defendants Gary Dobson and David Norris "disgusting racists."
The trial judge claimed the article breached three specific sections of the contempt order placed on the case and he reported the magazine to the Attorney General for contempt of court.
Two men have gone on trial in Kenya for the murder of a Hertfordshire businessman and the abduction of his wife.
Judith Tebbutt from Bishops Stortford was snatched from a remote beach resort near the Somali border last September.
Her husband David was shot dead in the raid by suspected pirates.
Mrs Tebbutt was eventually released in March.
The two men, from East Africa, are facing charges of murder, violent robbery and kidnap.