Police in Havering have said that "there is no evidence" of an alleged abduction taking place after it was reported that a teenage boy had been dragged away in a van from a Hornchurch street on Wednesday.
Police in Havering are appealing for a witness who reportedly saw a boy aged around 16 to 17-years-old being "dragged off in a van" in Hornchurch.
The van is described as small, coloured white but dirty and had a side opening door. The rear windows are believed to be blacked out and the front headlights are believed to have a blue-coloured tint.
Police said they are especially keen to be contacted by a dog walker seen in the local area who was witnessed shouting "stop" at the van. This witness is described as a white man, possibly aged in his 30s, walking a brown or gold coloured dog.
Police in Havering are appealing for witnesses after it was reported that a teenage boy had been dragged off a Hornchurch street into a van that then drove off.
At around 3pm on Wednesday, a white van stopped n Hylands Way, near the alleyway to Elms Close in Hornchurch and its occupants then dragged a teenage boy into the van and drove off, the police reported.
The alleged victim is described as a white male, possibly aged 16 to 17 years-old with a slim build and was wearing blue-coloured jeans and a grey-coloured jumper. It is possible he also had on a hat and headphones.
The largest increase in profit from parking came from Kingston-Upon Thames, which saw an enormous increase of 320% from 2010/11 - 2011/12.
The council earned £3.53 million last year.
The figures, collated by the Institute of Advanced Motorists, cover both on and off-street parking, including fines and other charges.
Havering saw the second biggest increase - their profits shot up 186%, to £567,000.
And Barking and Dagenham's parking pot was boosted 174%, to £1.57 million.
– Havering Council spokesperson
We are very sorry that to hear of this sad death and our thoughts are with the family at this time.
Havering Council is currently investigating a food poisoning outbreak along with the HPA.
Our initial findings indicate that this seems to be a serious but isolated incident and the venue is cooperating fully with the investigation.
Our officers conducted a second site visit yesterday to gather further evidence and statements from employees.
Our thoughts are with the family at this sad time. We have been working with Environmental Health Officers at Havering Council to identify the cause of illness and any links to food eaten at the venue.
The venue has been cooperating fully with our investigations.
Clostridium perfringens bacteria are the third most common cause of food poisoning in the UK and this mostly occurs in relation to red meat or poultry.
Indications suggest that this outbreak is an isolated event.
People become unwell on average after about 12 hours of eating food contaminated with Clostridium perfringens, with diarrhoea and abdominal pain being the main symptoms.
The illness generally lasts no more than a few days although vulnerable groups such as very young children, elderly people, and those with underlying health problems can be more seriously affected.
It is rare for a person to die as a direct result of food poisoning.
– Dr Deborah Turbitt, director of the Health Protection Agency’s local Health Protection Unit
People who become unwell with symptoms of food poisoning are advised to drink plenty of fluids and take rest at home.
If symptoms are particularly severe or do not settle within two days then they should seek medical advice.
The Health Protection Agency (HPA) has been notified of an outbreak of food poisoning linked to an establishment in Havering. One person has died after being admitted to hospital.
Around 30 people have reported symptoms of gastrointestinal illness after eating at the venue on Christmas Day.
Laboratory testing has confirmed the presence of Clostridium perfringens bacteria in a number of samples submitted by those experiencing symptoms, including the patient who died.
This is just a test to see if I understand it all
A number of houses have been evacuated after an unexploded World War Two bomb was found in the grounds of a school.
The ammunition device was discovered at the Old Chapel in Sacred Heart of Mary Girls’ School in St Mary’s Lane, Upminster around 8am this morning.
Firefighters and police were called to the scene.
Road closures are also in place in Highview Gardens and Norfolk Road.
The discovery comes just three weeks after 22 unexploded bombs were unearthed on the site by workmen.
Workmen have found more unexploded WW2 bombs at the Old Chapel on Saint Mary's Lane in Upminster. Firefighters are at the scene.
Firefighters are now leaving the scene of the Old Chapel in Upminster. It was believed to be an unexploded anti-aircraft shell.