A London-bound flight from Hong Kong was forced to make a U-turn after an "out of control" passenger "didn't follow staff instructions".
A plane carrying diver and Olympic medalist Tom Daley has had to make an emergency landing in Russia after "a technical issue".
Choosing from more than 180 different routes British Airways pilots have selected their top 10 views from the air.
Police are appealing for help in finding a Staffordshire man who was last seen near Heathrow. Steven Edwards, who's 28, and from Burntwood, has not been seen since Monday, 11 August.
It is not known what he is wearing but is believed to be carrying a khaki brown rucksack. Police say he hasn't been seen or heard from for a week, and this is out of character for him.
Insp Rachel Joyce, of Lichfield District Local Policing Team, said: "We are working closely with colleagues from the Metropolitan Police to locate him as our inquiries have established he was last seen in the Heathrow area of London last Monday, 11 August."
It has been 10 years since bicycle paramedics were introduced at Heathrow Airport. 42,000 patients have been treated by the team in that time - 4,000 of which were serious cases.
Heathrow Express has relocated its senior managers to one of its station platforms. Directors will be based on the concourse beneath Heathrow airport's Terminal 5.
– Keith Greenfield, Managing Director
One criticism of senior management at many companies is they spend too much time in the 'ivory tower' of head office and not enough time listening to and talking to customers and frontline employees. Our new platform office addresses this. We got the idea for this from Stockholm's Arlanda Express, whose managers use it to engage with customers and frontline staff. It has proved a great success there so we're trying it here.
– Boris Johnson, Mayor of London
The demand for new homes and jobs in the capital is such that we must be ready to start redeveloping Heathrow the moment it moves to its new site. And the sooner we start planning the better. We asked our architects to be as creative as possible and these designs illustrate strikingly different visions of a Heathrow of the future. However the key point is that all these scenarios would potentially create some of the many thousands of new jobs and homes this city will require given London is expected to increase in size by a fifth within the next 15 years. How we deal with that is something we need to be planning for and debating right now. Those discussions must not be delayed.
Designs, from three firms of architects, include proposals for new park land, scientific research centres and a factory for modular housing units to make it easier for people to build their own homes.
- Hawkins\Brown - This is the one that includes the factory-for-homes plan. Online customisation would allow Londoners to order homes to their own specifications as is common in a number of European countries, where 'self-build' is a popular way of creating new homes
- Rick Mather Architects - Their proposal would see the Heathrow site evolve to become a new hub city by working with the existing structure and using the terminals as generators to development. The former runways would define the structure of the city and connect 10 distinct local centres.
- Maccreanor Lavington - Their vision for Heathrow City aims to develop a fully functioning city within the metropolis, characterised by a rich mix of ecology, culture, employment and liveability. Existing buildings would be used to establish fresh development and new forestation is laid down.
Architects have come up with designs for 'Heathrow City', a 190,000-home town that would spring up if the west London airport closes. Supported by London Mayor Boris Johnson who backs a Thames Estuary airport to replace Heathrow, the redevelopment of Heathrow could potentially support 90,000 new jobs and add £7.5 billion to the UK economy.
A British Airways flight was forced to return to Heathrow a short time ago, after a 'burning smell' in the cockpit. Flight BA676 to Istanbul suffered a technical fault.
Aircraft landed safely after burning smell in cockpit.As precaution they returned to airport & met by welcoming party http://t.co/G6u3WWTkR2