A further 19 hospitals are to be investigated in relation to links with Jimmy Savile, Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt said today.
An 80-year-old man arrested on suspicion of sex offences has been released on bail until a date in October.
He was arrested as part of Operation Yewtree and fell under the strand "Jimmy Savile and others".
The police investigation launched in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal is called Operation Yewtree.
The investigation is split in to three strands: Savile, Savile and Others and Others.
To date 14 suspects have been arrested as a part of the investigation as a whole.
A number of celebrities have been arrested as part of Operation Yewtree, including former pop star Gary Glitter, comedians Jim Davidson and Freddie Starr, and TV presenter Rolf Harris.
All deny any wrongdoing and are on police bail.
So far, two people have been charged in separate cases - driver David Smith, who is due to face trial in October, and PR guru Max Clifford, who will be tried in March.
An 80-year-old man has been arrested over sex crime allegations linked to disgraced TV presenter Jimmy Savile.
The pensioner was held on suspicion of sexual offences in south London today and has been taken into custody, Scotland Yard said.
He is the 14th person to be arrested under Operation Yewtree, the investigation prompted by abuse claims made against late DJ Savile.
The first man to be charged in the police inquiry prompted by claims into disgraced TV presenter Jimmy Savile has denied a string of sex offences.
David Smith, 66, is accused of attacking a 12-year-old boy in the summer of 1984.
The former driver appeared at London's Southwark Crown Court today.
Smith, from Lewisham, denied two counts of indecent assault and two of gross indecency, all between June 1 and July 21 1984.
He also denied a claim of rape against the boy between July 1 and 21 1984.
He was remanded on bail and will return to the court on October 28 for trial.
Smith was the first person to be charged under Operation Yewtree - the national investigation launched after claims were made against Savile.
The 82-year-old man arrested on suspicion of sexual offences by officers from Operation Yewtree was interviewed under caution on November 29 last year, five days after a search warrant was executed at an address in Berkshire.
He has been bailed to a date in May pending further inquiries.
An 82-year-old man from Berkshire has been arrested on suspicion of sexual offences by officers from Operation Yewtree, the Metropolitan Police said.
He is one of 11 people arrested so far as part of investigations into alleged offending by Jimmy Savile and "others".
A Scotland Yard spokesman said he was bailed to a date in May.
Surrey Police Assistant Chief Constable Jerry Kirkby says the force agrees with and accepts HMIC conclusions that there are a number of learning points to come out of the Savile case.
"The HMIC review is clear that intelligence sharing between forces was critical to the eventual outcome of allegations made against Savile in his lifetime.
"I welcome their acknowledgement that in 2007 victims were taken seriously by Surrey Police and allegations were recorded correctly, but our investigators were unable to benefit from knowledge of any previous allegations made elsewhere in the country despite conducting national intelligence checks.
"The review concludes that, had Surrey investigators been made aware of these previous reports, our investigation would have been scaled up accordingly. One of the key issues was the decision not to share accounts between victims.
"Whilst the HMIC agree this was initially done correctly in order to avoid any suggestion of collusion between victims, the force accepts it should have been reviewed at a later stage and balanced against the confidence of victims to support the legal process.
"As the Director of Public Prosecutions has previously acknowledged, the officers working on this case were experienced and committed individuals who acted in good faith.
"We therefore support his recent announcement that the approach to victim credibility in the Criminal Justice System is flawed and the current national guidelines must be replaced.
"Surrey Police has already instigated its own programme of work to improve victim and witness care in historic sexual assault cases.
"As part of this, the Chief Constable has requested the College of Policing conduct a peer review looking at how victims and witnesses are supported to ensure we are taking the right approach going forward."