A cancer sufferer says she had to 'run for her life' after sewage started gushing through her home in north London.
Speaking to the Kilburn Times, 72-year-old Maura Moloney accused her landlord of failing to tackle the problem:
The family of a nursery school teacher murdered as she celebrated her birthday cheered in court as three gang members were jailed for killing her. Sabrina Moss was caught in the crossfire of a turf war in Kilburn in August last year. Today the three drug dealers who murdered her were sentenced to at least 37 years each.
Three men have each been jailed for a minimum of 37 years for murdering nursery school teacher Sabrina Moss, who was gunned down in the street while out celebrating her 24th birthday.
A theatre has refused to host the UK Jewish Film Festival while it is sponsored by the Israeli Embassy amid the ongoing crisis in Gaza. The Tricycle Theatre in London, which has hosted the festival for the past eight years, had been due to screen at least 26 films as part of the event in November.
But Indhu Rubasingham, artistic director of the Tricycle, said the festival should not accept funding from "any party to the current conflict" between Israel and Palestinians. She said the theatre offered to use funding from its own resources to replace the festival's sponsorship from the Israeli Embassy in London. But the UK Jewish Film Festival (UKJFF) said the Tricycle's demands were "entirely unacceptable" and it was taking its screenings elsewhere.
Westminster Council have given the go ahead for a £20 million pound leisure complex in queens Park. The Moberly Centre in Kilburn Lane will be rebuilt with two new swimming pools, a sports hall, exercise and dance studios and spa.
Work on the centre will begin in Autumn this year and is due to be complete in 2016.
- Install protected cycle lanes in a newly created Bradley Wiggins Way (Kilburn ward, Brent)
- Remove through motor traffic from the cycling corridor on Tavistock Place (Bloomsbury ward, Camden)
- Redesign Wimbledon's town centre to be walking and cycling-friendly (Hillside ward, Merton)
- Reduce motor traffic speed to 20mph in Carlton Hill and surrounding streets (Abbey Road ward, Westminster)
- Create safe cycle routes for children linking six schools in Tufnell Park (Junction ward, Islington)
- Make a cycle route through Russell Park as alternative to busy Woolwich Road (Barnehurst ward, Bexley)
Police from the London Borough of Camden are appealing for the public's help in locating a vulnerable missing teenage girl from Kilburn, north London.
Yasmin Idris, 17, was last seen at her boyfriend's house in Roedean Avenue, Enfield at around 10pm on New Year's Eve.
Police said they are concerned for her safety and welfare. She is described a black with long dark-coloured hair. It is not known what clothing she was wearing when last seen.
It is believed that she does not have a mobile phone and does not have access to money.
Anyone who has seen Yasmin or who knows of her whereabouts is asked to call the CID on Camden Borough via 101.
- The men were arrested during police raids this morning
- Police targeted addresses in Cricklewood, Kilburn and Wembley
- The men are also being held in connection with the attempted murder of Sabrina Gachette and two other people