Live updates

National

Tulisa: Fake Sheikh 'offered £3m film contract in Vegas'

Tulisa Contostavlos has pleaded not guilty to charges that she supplied Class A drugs. Outside the court, her solicitor claimed the case had been "manufactured".

Speaking on her behalf, he said: "As has been widely reported, this entire case has been manufactured by the Sunday Sun and Mazher Mahmood, sometimes known as the Fake Sheikh.

"They have spent a large amount of their readers money flying Tulisa and a number of friends first class Las Vegas. There Mahmood posed as a film producer offering her a £3million film contract.

"This case is not simply about drugs supply, it is about the limits which we set on the conduct of journalists. This was a deliberate attempt to target a young woman who is all the more vulnerable because of her celebrity status."

"The law clearly forbids such conduct on the part of the police, and it's ironic that the police should rely on it when it is the work of a journalist. In due course, Tulisa will give a full answer to these allegations in the court proceedings."

Read: Tulisa denies drugs deal charge

National

Singer Tulisa to next appear in court on January 9

Singer Tulisa Contostavlos and rapper Mike GLC, also known as Michael Coombs, will next appear at Southwark Crown Court in central London on January 9.

Corut artist sketch of Michael Coombs, aka Mike GLC, and Tulisa Contostavlos.
Corut artist sketch of Michael Coombs, aka Mike GLC, and Tulisa Contostavlos. Credit: Elizabeth Cook/PA Wire

Both the N-Dubz star and Coombs have denied drugs charges.

Read: Tulisa denies drugs deal charge

Advertisement

N-Dubz singer Tulisa due in court over drugs charges

Singer Tulisa Contostavlos is due to appear in court charged in connection with the supply of Class A drugs in London.

Tulisa Contostavlos who is to appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court, London Credit: Jonathan Brady/PA Wire

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) announced last week that it had authorised the Metropolitan Police to charge the former X Factor judge with ''being concerned in'' the supply of Class A drugs.

She is due to appear at Westminster Magistrates Court in central London.

N-Dubz's Dappy in hospital after 'horse kicks him in face'

N-Dubz rapper Dappy has reportedly been hospitalised after a horse he was riding kicked him in the face, according to the Mirror.

N-Dubz rapper Dappy 'kicked in the face' by horse. Credit: PA

The 26-year-old star is believed to have been riding a horse at his Hertfordshire home when it dismounted him, causing him injuries.

His spokesman Terry Mills told the newspaper: “I can confirm that my client was involved in a horse riding accident at home where he fell from his horse and was subsequently kicked in the face.

“Dappy was rushed to hospital where he received medical treatment and is now recovering.”

N-Dubz singer Tulisa interviewed by police over alleged assault at music festival

Singer and former X Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos has been interviewed by police investigating an alleged assault at a music festival.

The N-Dubz singer issued a statement earlier this year denying accusations that she assaulted a blogger at V Festival in Chelmsford, Essex, but police have continued to investigate the incident.

Tulisa Contostavlos has denied the accusations Credit: PA Wire

Tulisa went voluntarily to an interview at a police station in Chelmsford today. Essex Police spokeswoman said:

"Officers are investigating an allegation of assault that is said to have occurred at the V Festival this year. Two people attended voluntary interviews today. Nobody has been arrested and inquiries are continuing."

Advertisement

Dappy conviction challenge

N-Dubz star Dappy in January. Credit: Steve Parsons/PA Wire

N-Dubz rapper Dappy will challenge his conviction for assault and affray at the Court of Appeal today.

The 25-year-old singer was convicted in January in connection with a brawl at a petrol station in Guildford, Surrey.

The pop star, whose real name is Costadinos Contostavlos, was given a six month suspended sentence at Guildford Crown Court in February.

He was also ordered to carry out 150 hours community service.

National

N-Dubz rapper denies sparking petrol station brawl

N-Dubz rapper Dappy has denied sparking a petrol station brawl because he was "disrespected" by two teenage women who called him "boring".

The 25-year-old rapper arrives at Guildford Crown Court today.
The 25-year-old rapper arrives at Guildford Crown Court today. Credit: Steve Parsons/PA Wire/Press Association Images

The 25-year-old is charged with affray, two counts of common assault and one of assault by beating in connection with the fight at the Shell garage in Woodbridge Road, Guildford, Surrey, at about 3.30am on February 28 last year.

The trial at Guildford Crown Court has heard that Dappy had been out that night celebrating at a nightclub the release of his new single Rockstar featuring Queen guitarist Brian May.

The case continues.

Rapper denies assault

Costadinos Contostavlos - AKA Dappy - outside Guildford Crown Court Credit: PA

Guildford Crown Court heard that N-Dubz rapper Dappy sparked a "mob attack" when he spat at two girls who refused to get into a car with him and his friends.

Onlooker David Jenkins defended the girls after the rapper allegedly called them 'sluts' and 'ugly', and proceeded to put Dappy in a headlock, after the rapper swung a punch at him.

Dappy was joined by two other men and the incident at a petrol station in Guildford turned into a "mob-handed, utterly unlawful and aggressive attack" said Prosecutor Brian Stork.

A saliva stain on alleged victim David Jenkins' t-shirt has a "billion to one" DNA link to Dappy.

The rapper denies 2 counts of common assault on the two women, one of assault by beating, of Mr Jenkins, and one of affray.

The trial continues tomorrow.

National

Dappy sparked 'mob attack' at garage, court hears

N-Dubz rapper Dappy
Dappy has denied spitting at anyone during the 3.30am brawl. Credit: Anthony Devlin/PA Wire

N-Dubz rapper Dappy sparked a "mob attack" at a petrol station when he spat at two girls who refused to get into a car with him and two friends, a court has heard.

Prosecutors said the 25-year-old singer spat at and insulted the girls after they turned down the invite at a Shell garage in Guildford, Surrey, in the early hours of February 28 last year, before spitting at another man, David Jenkins, who had defended them.

Prosecuting barrister Brian Stork told the jury at Guildford Crown Court that Dappy swung a punch at Mr Jenkins, which launched the "mob-handed, utterly unlawful and aggressive attack."

Two other men, Kieran Vassell and Alfred Miller, who had arrived in a second Mercedes car with other unidentified men, joined the attack, he said. Mr Stork showed the jury brief CCTV footage from the garage of the brawl.

Dappy, who is charged under his real name of Costadinos Contostavlos, denies two counts of common assault on the two women, one of assault by beating, of Mr Jenkins, and one of affray. The trial continues.

Load more updates

Advertisement

Today's top stories