A quarter of tickets for the New Year's Eve fireworks display went to Londoners last year, figures released by the Mayor of London show.
Labour London Assembly Member Fiona Twycross said they showed the new ticketing system had led to "Londoners missing out on the iconic NYE celebrations."
She has called for half of tickets to be reserved for Londoners this year.
Miraculous escapes, dancing guards and a schoolgirl with a surprising talent - a look back at our editor's pick of 2014's best storiesRead the full story ›
Londoners are being warned to only call an ambulance in an real emergency tonight as huge crowds put strain on medical servicesRead the full story ›
Make sure you avoid all the road and tube closures - and find out which services run for free - with our comprehensive guideRead the full story ›
The British Transport Police Divisional Commander for London, South and East England has said that police officers were assaulted at last night's New Year's Eve celebrations. Chief Superintendent Paul Brogden wrote on Twitter:
A mammoth clean-up operation took place after millions of people across the UK celebrated the start of 2014 with fireworks, and drinking.Read the full story ›
A mammoth clean-up operation has begun after millions of people across the UK celebrated the start of 2014 with fireworks, music and late-night drinking.
The festivities created an estimated 85 tonnes of waste, including up to 15,000 champagne bottles, in central London.
Westminster Council deployed 52 vehicles and 119 members of staff through the night to ensure the streets were cleared for the capital's New Year's Day parade at midday.
Tens of thousands of people came into central London to see in the New Year.
Viewing areas filled up quicker than in previous years, according to the Metropolitan Police with thousands of people arriving early to take in the spectacular firework display which has become a focal point for many to mark the New Years Eve celebrations.
Around 3,800 police officers were reported to have worked to support the event organisers and stewards, along with colleagues from British Transport Police and other emergency services.
As of 4:30am on January 1, there were a total of 100 arrests made by officers working on the policing operation for New Year's Eve.
London's New Year's Eve revellers will be showered with edible confetti and scented bubbles.
Billed as the world's first multi-sensory fireworks display, tonight's event is expected to attract hundreds of thousands of people to the banks of the Thames.
Simon Harris reports on the preparations ahead of the festivities.