A man who used emotional blackmail and the threat of shame to carry out a campaign of sexual and emotional abuse has been jailed for 17 years.
Mohammed Fakhrul Islam, 33, from east London, began his campaign of abuse after meeting his victim in Bangladesh in 2008, the Metropolitan Police said.
He was sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Thursday having been found guilty in December of three counts of rape, one count of battery and one count of voyeurism.
Det Con Caroline Horden from the Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command said: "The victim has shown great strength of character, she found the courage to come forward and speak about her terrible ordeal and because of this a very dangerous individual has been brought to justice."
Two men were jailed for over seven years today after the rape of a woman in Southwark was filmed in 2011.
In the early hours of 5 May 2011 the 19-year-old victim was drinking at the address of Yahye Mohammed Mohamud and, while heavily intoxicated, was taken into the bedroom and raped or sexually assaulted by three men. Mohamud filmed the assaults.
The victim had been too drunk to remember anything about the incidents. However, the footage taken by Mohamud was seen by a number of women later that day and the victim contacted police when she was became aware of it.
Queens Park Rangers striker Loic Remy has been arrested this morning with his cousin and a friend on suspicion of rape.
ITV News understands that a woman in her 30s visited Remy, 26, at his flat last week believing him to be alone. When she arrived his cousin and friend were also apparently present.
The woman was offered a drink and allegedly lost consciousness afterwards.
When she recovered consciousness some hours later, it is claimed she was naked and the three men were still present. The woman made a complaint to police and the men were arrested this morning.
The Metropolitan Police said: "Officers from Sapphire are investigating an allegation of rape which happened on 6 May in the west London area.
"The allegation was passed on to the MPS by Kent Police on 8 May after the 34-year-old female victim reported it to them on the previous day, 7 May. The victim alleges she was raped by three men.
"On the morning of Wednesday, 15 May three men, [A] aged 26; [B] aged 23; [C] 22 yrs, were arrested at an address in Fulham on suspicion of rape - they remain in custody at a west London police station".
The majority of the 100 extra officers will be of constable rank, and the unit will lose Det Ch Supt Duthie, who will become head of homicide next month, and one superintendent.
He stressed that officers will retain their specialisms in terms of the types of crime they investigate.
"This is a high-risk area and we need to make sure that we've got the right people with the right training."There would be a danger if we were to use 'omnicompetent' officers. But we've made a conscious decision that this is a high-risk area, we need to have dedicated officers investigating dedicated types of crime."