Live updates

Teenager to appear in court over bus stabbing

A 15-year-old boy has been accused of grievous bodily harm with intent after a boy of the same age was stabbed on a bus.

Police were called to St Helier Avenue in Sutton on Friday afternoon, following the incident on a route 151 vehicle.

The victim is in a serious but stable condition in hospital.

The accused will appear at Croydon Youth Court on November 11.


Stabbing in Clapham

Police are investigating a stabbing overnight in Clapham.

Officers were called by London Ambulance Service shortly after 04.00hrs to an injured man outside Clapham North Underground Station on Bedford Road.

A man believed to be in his 30s was taken to hospital suffering a stab wound.

The injury is being treated as life threatening.

There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.

14-year-old bailed after schoolboy stabbed in south-east London

A 14-year-old boy arrested on suspicion of GBH, in connection with the stabbing of a schoolboy, also aged 14, has now been bailed.

The victim, who suffered wounds to his leg and back, was stabbed on Friday, in Abbey Wood, south-east London. Witnesses described him being attacked by two black males. One was believed to have a knife and the other a metal pole.

"At 11.19 in the morning traffic was busy and there would have been a number of people present in the area. I am appealing for witnesses who may have been present at the time the incident took place to contact police.

I would like to reassure any potential witnesses who may be worried about making contact with police that Trident has extensive expertise in protecting witnesses and there are a range of measures that can be taken to protect you."

– Detective Sergeant Ewan Robertson, Trident's South Reactive Team

Anyone with any information is urged to call the Trident incident room on 0208 247 4877. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Woman stabbed to death in Neasden

A murder investigation's underway after a woman was stabbed to death in the street in Neasden.

The attack happened in Prout Grove just after 7.30pm last night. The 42-year-old woman died soon afterwards in hospital. Two men have been arrested.

Anyone who witnessed the attack or has information that may help police can call the incident room on 020 8345 3865. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.


Three new arrests in 'mistaken identity' stabbing

Three more men have been arrested after a father of one was fatally stabbed outside a pub in Borough - with police believing the incident was a case of mistaken identity.

Christopher Foster was murdered in a case of mistaken identity Credit: Metropolitan Police

Father of one Christopher Foster was attacked by a hooded gang as he smoked a cigarette with a friend late in the evening on Friday November 26th.

Scotland Yard said three men aged 25, 29 and 33 were arrested today and remain in custody at a south London police station.

Man arrested over 'mistaken identity' murder

Christopher Foster was stabbed outside a London pub. Credit: Met Police

Detectives investigating the murder of a single father outside a London pub have made a second arrest.

Christopher Foster was stabbed outside St Christopher's Inn on Borough High Street last Friday. Witnesses say he was attacked by a gang who were brandishing baseball bats and at least one knife.

Officers believe the offenders targeted the wrong man.

A 30-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and has been taken into custody at a south London police station. It comes after a woman was arrested and bailed on Sunday on suspicion of assisting an offender.

'Innocent man' stabbed in case of 'mistaken identity'

Police say Christopher Foster, who was fatally stabbed outside a pub in Borough High Street on Friday, is believed to have been a victim of mistaken identity.

I think they were looking for someone. Chris was an innocent man. There was no reason for him to have been attacked. He was a working guy out with his mates having a beer. I need to find some witnesses who have seen this group in Borough High Street or the alleyways that run off it, before the incident, or afterwards, when five of them ran off down Mermaid Court."

– Detective Chief Inspector John Sandlin, Metropolitan Police
Load more updates