Live updates

Slice of burnt toast sparks fire and destroys kitchen

A slice of burnt toast sparked a fire at a family home and destroyed the kitchen.

Credit: London Fire Brigade

Seven people were forced from their homes in Sutton, south London after the piece of toast was thrown in the bin and caught fire.

You should never leave cooking unattended, not even toast - if you have to leave the room, turn the heat off.

If you later find your cooking has burnt allow it to cool before throwing it away, especially if you are discarding it in a plastic waste bin.

– London Fire Brigade



Courier lobbing parcel over gate caught on CCTV

The moment a courier threw a parcel over a garden gate has been caught on CCTV.

Mat Furber, a sales engineer for a technology company in Camberley, Surrey, tweeted the video of the delivery on Tuesday.

Since then his video has gone viral with almost 4,500 people retweeting it.

The delivery firm myHermes tweeted him back apologising for the "inconvenience" caused.

Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.

Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.

Load more updates