Felicia Boots is believed to be suffering from post-natal depression
Mother accused of killing her babies appears at Old Bailey
A mother has been remanded in custody charged with murdering her baby son and daughter.
After years of campaigning, South Londoners are getting the tube extension they've been hoping for.
The Government is expected to announce that a one billion pound extension to the Northern Line has been given the go-ahead today.
The Northern Line Extension will create two new tube stops in Battersea: one near Wandsworth Road and another next to Battersea Power Station.
It forms wider plans to regenerate Vauxhall and Battersea that also sees news homes and commercial buildings being proposed along the riverfront as well as the new American embassy being built in the area.
A post-mortem examination has revealed that a woman, found dead in her house in Wandsworth last week, died from compression of the neck.
The body of Carol French, 73, was found in Stormont Road on the 20th of November, along with that of her husband, Douglas Harry Morton, 61.
The cause of death for Mr Morton was a stab wound to the heart.
Police say that the death of the woman is being treated as suspicious, while the death of the man is being treated as non-suspicious. They are not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths.
They just kept themselves to themselves and I keep myself to myself. So it was just a case of we'd pass and say hello to each other.
They were a very nice couple. They just seemed a very normal couple. I just know it's very unfortunate.
The fire at a Wandsworth shopping centre is affecting the restaurant's ventilation system. More info here - http://t.co/UgACzcVXhu
The Wandsworth shopping centre's been evacuated and crews are working hard to bring the fire under control.
Wandsworth shopping centre update: the fire which was affecting a restaurant's ventilation system is now under control.
- Scotland Yard said officers were called to the house in Stormont Road
- When they got in, they found the body of a woman in a first-floor bedroom and the body of a man in a first-floor bathroom
- Mrs French's death is being treated as suspicious, while that of Mr Morton is being treated as non-suspicious
A married couple have been found dead in their home in what appears to be a murder-suicide.
The bodies of 61-year-old Douglas Morton and his 73-year-old wife Carol French were found at their home in Wandsworth after police were called there just before 9am yesterday morning.
- The scouts are fixing the small, virtually transparent stickers to people's front doors
- They are so discreet that residents may not even notice they are there
- For criminals who know what to look for the stickers act as a big green light that the property is an easy target
Residents in part of south London are being warned of a new scam being used by burglars to target homes. Wandsworth Council says thieves are using accomplices to identify vulnerable properties and then mark them out with discreet plastic stickers.
The US ambassador to the UK will host an event to mark the beginning of construction of the new American Embassy today.
Ambassador Matthew Barzun will 'break-ground' at the site which spans 450 acres.
The Embassy, which is due to open in 2017, will be built near the River Thames in Wandsworth.
It's at the heart of plans to regenerate the local area Nine Elms and is expected to cost £620 million.
The embassy is designed to be as energy efficient and sustainable as possible.
Police have released descriptions of four men they are trying to trace:
- Black male wearing a light coloured tracksuit bottoms and a dark hooded top
- Black male wearing a light coloured hooded top underneath a dark coloured body warmer
- Black male wearing a black hooded puffa-style jacket
- Black male wearing dark clothing