Sam Allardyce says he has received no indication that he will be sacked as West Ham manager.
Reports on Thursday suggested that the 59-year-old was set to be axed after the final game of the season at Manchester City on Sunday.
Allardyce, who has faced criticism from fans over the club's progress and style of football this season, revealed that he called co-owner David Sullivan to discuss the rumours.
"I rang him up and spoke to him about what's been planted around and under those circumstances we just talked about getting together and having our meeting next week," he said.
"The only thing I can say is I spoke to David Sullivan yesterday about us arranging our usual end-of-the-season meeting to go through pre-season and go through budgets and what will happen next season.
"I had no indication that my position is under threat. That's all I know, he's the boss and that's the bottom line for me."
West Ham manager Sam Allardyce said he was delighted with his side's 2-1 win over Sunderland on Monday night.
Goals in each half from Andy Carroll and Mohamed Diame helped West Ham move 11 points clear of the relegation zone.
The victory all but assured the east London side of Premier League safety with just six games remaining.
"We have sent all the West Ham fans, staff and the players home happy because we're all delighted after getting a well-earned victory at the Stadium of Light," Allardyce told West Ham TV.
"That's 37 points now, which is only one point behind our total from last year when we had 38. This time we've got 37 so it hasn't been quite as bad as it's been made out to be!"
West Ham United has announced the return of Carlton Cole to the Club on a short-term contract until13 January 2014.