Wilfried Zaha appears to have confirmed that he's on his way back to Crystal Palace. In a tweet, which later disappeared from his feed, the 21-year-old Manchester United player said: "Back !! #CPFCpic.twitter.com/oWNvrK8vvU"
Zaha is heavily tipped to be joining Crystal Palace on a season-long loan, after making only four appearances for United since he signed with them for £15 million in January last year. He spent the last part of last season on loan to Cardiff City.
Arsenal Manager Arsene Wenger has said he is "looking" at young Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha but is yet to make a bid for him. Manchester United are also rumoured to be interested in the 20 year-old but Wenger said he did not know if that was true.
Wilfried Zaha may not have long to make his decision, with Ivory Coast playing in the African Nations Cup finals starting in South Africa in January.
Zaha tweeted "wow, everything's happening so fast" in response to his call-up on Sunday evening to be included in Roy Hodgson's squad to face Sweden.
The comments paint a picture of a bewilderment at odds with the youngster's supreme confidence when he discusses his ability and ambitions.
Having terrified npower Championship defences this season and last, he freely admits he wants to face "defenders who will properly test me" and is even prepared to mention himself in the same breath as Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, widely considered the best two players in the world.