Labour's Mayoral Candidate, Ken Livingstone, took his campaign to Uxbridge today, where he launched his transport manifesto.
It includes pledges to:
• Cut fares by 7% which he says will save Londoners on average £1,000 over four years
• Bring suburban rail services into London Overground
• Protect the Freedom Pass from age 60
• Deliver better bus services in the suburbs
• Cut down on delays on the tube
• Introduce a smart parking system to make car parking easier
• Freeze the Congestion Charge for 4 years
• Focus on safer cycling with new green routes in outer London
• Build the case for new transport links including Crossrail 2 and extensions to the Docklands Light Railway and Croydon Tram route.