Residents in Chiswick heard screams coming from the flat of a disabled woman, as the property was engulfed in flames.
Neighbour Toni Simonovski was among those who tried to save her, carrying her out of the flat.
Paramedics spent over an hour trying to revive the victim, but it's thought she had been overcome by fumes. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Toni Simonovski talks to reporter Phil Bayles.
More top news
ITV News has obtained the first video from inside the Hatton Garden vault that was raided over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend.
London students are saying they will withhold their final rent until they get compensation over claims of cockroach and rodent infestation
Martin Stew speaks to this year's marathon competitors - including Paula Radcliffe - to discover the secret to surviving the weather.