A 'malfunctioning burner' has been blamed for the Olympic flame being extinguished during the third day of the Olympic torch relay.
It was attached to the side of para-badminton star David Follett's wheelchair in Great Torrington, Devon, when the flame blew out shortly before 10am.
A spokeswoman for LOCOG said: "It is not uncommon for a flame to go out and this can happen for a number of reasons, for example, in extreme winds."
A replacement torch was brought out from the convoy of vehicles and was lit from the mother flame.
"We keep the mother flame in specially designed miners' lanterns so, if the flame does go out for some reason on the relay, we relight it from the source of the flame," the spokeswoman added.