Olympic flame re-lit from "mother flame"

Crowds take pictures of David Follett having his flame relit
Crowds take pictures of David Follett having his flame re-lit after the it went out due to a malfunctioning burner. Credit: Giddens/LOCOG/PA Wire

The Olympic torch went out for the first time today during the London 2012 relay, organisers confirmed.

The torch was attached to the side of para-badminton star David Follett's wheelchair in Great Torrington, Devon when the "malfunction" occurred.

Advertisement

London 2012 Olympics

The latest stories, features and updates in the run up to the London 2012 Olympics.