Uni able to take foreign students

London Metropolitan University that was stripped of its right to admit international students will once again be able to teach pupils from overseas.

View all 9 updates ›

What to do if your university visa licence is revoked

The UK Council for International Student Affairs has explained how students are affected by university visa licencing issues, after the UK Border Agency revoked LondonMetropolitan University's licence.

Here is some usefulinformation, if you are a student facing visa problems:

  • If you have already paid a deposit to the institution which has had its sponsor licence withdrawn you will need to contact them directly to request any refund you are entitled to. You should not attempt to enter the UK on this visa.
  • If your institution has closed the UKBA will write to you and shorten your leave. Make sure the UKBA always has your current address.
  • Your permission to stay will be shortened to 60 days from the date on the letter from the UKBA. You must leave the UK or find an alternative institution within that time.

More top news