A woman has been arrested after an 11-month-old boy was given a bottle feared to contain bleach as he sat in a fast food restaurant. The toddler swallowed some of the contents and immediately vomited, Scotland Yard said. He was taken to hospital for observation and his condition is stable.
The toddler was with his mother and grandmother in McDonald's, Eltham High Street, south-east London, when the incident occurred at around 12.40pm on Thursday. Detectives arrested a 53-year-old woman in Deptford. She was being questioned at a south London police station.
Officers have recovered the bottle and tests are being carried out to find out what it contained.
More top news
Official readings are recorded three metres in the air but a study found levels of nitrogen dioxide (NO2) were higher at pushchair level.
Tubes, trains, trams, buses, cable cars, river buses, taxis and going by foot - your guide to getting around during the strike.
Union officials rejected a revised offer from Underground managers during a meeting at the conciliation service ACAS this afternoon.