A woman has been arrested after an 11-month-old boy was given a bottle feared to contain bleach as he sat in a fast food restaurant. The toddler swallowed some of the contents and immediately vomited, Scotland Yard said. He was taken to hospital for observation and his condition is stable.
The toddler was with his mother and grandmother in McDonald's, Eltham High Street, south-east London, when the incident occurred at around 12.40pm on Thursday. Detectives arrested a 53-year-old woman in Deptford. She was being questioned at a south London police station.
Officers have recovered the bottle and tests are being carried out to find out what it contained.
More top news
Several famous London landmarks lost their illuminations for an hour last night as part of a charity campaign to highlight climate change.
As Christians communities prepare to mark Holy Week, find out the true meaning behind the Easter story and how each day will be celebrated.
More than 200 people are expected at London's first Muslim Youth Festival which will look at stopping the radicalisation of young Britons.