Latest on the rail failures and floods which are hampering people's Christmas getaway
- A signalling problem in west London meant the Heathrow Express was unable to run
- It also caused delays and cancellations to Paddington services, with those travelling to Cardiff, Reading, Bristol and Bedwyn in Wiltshire among those affected
- Train services near Gatwick airport, in West Sussex, were also affected by a major signalling problem caused by an overnight fire at Preston Park near Brighton
- Motorists had to contend with floods in Reading and Henley-on-Thames in Oxfordshire causing long queues on non-flooded roads
- By early afternoon congested spots included the M25 in Essex
- Travellers trying to reach Gatwick by road were held up by a sliproad jam on the M23 close to the Sussex airport.
- Major congestion built up on the M2 in Kent and the M4 in Gloucestershire
It's expected to be the busiest travelling day of the festive period today, as millions begin their Christmas getaway.
Transport problems and floods have wrecked travel plans for millions today on the busiest 24 hours of the Christmas getaway.