The Health Protection Agency (HPA) has been notified of an outbreak of food poisoning linked to an establishment in Havering. One person has died after being admitted to hospital.
Around 30 people have reported symptoms of gastrointestinal illness after eating at the venue on Christmas Day.
Laboratory testing has confirmed the presence of Clostridium perfringens bacteria in a number of samples submitted by those experiencing symptoms, including the patient who died.
More top news
Some 26 schoolchildren who went missing in the Brecon Beacons during a Duke of Edinburgh exercise have all been found safe and well.
Charaf Elmoudden went to the singer's four-bedroom house in north-west London last year and made off with goods worth more than £200,000.
The plea has been postponed in case where man is accused of dismembering a police officer he met on gay dating website Grindr.