- Ensure it's harder for thieves to get at your phone by making a habit of keeping it in a secure or zipped pocket.
- If you are getting out your phone out in the street, don't attract attention to it - try to avoid texting/checking it as you are walking along.
- Take special care when taking it out as you emerge from public transport hubs - these are often hotspots.
- Keeping both hands on the phone and holding it on the side of your body away from the street can make it harder for the thieves.
- Never leave your phone unattended in a public place and don't leave it lying in front of you on a table as you could become prey to distraction theft.
- Don't leave your phone in an unattended car - if you must, lock it out of sight. It only takes a second for your window to smashed.
More top news
A total of 1.7 million attacks were carried out against more than 650,000 victims of which just over 52,000 were in the UK.
The men were using ropes to lever the sofa up to the first floor apartment because it was too large to fit through the doors.
He's not even halfway.