- Ensure it's harder for thieves to get at your phone by making a habit of keeping it in a secure or zipped pocket.
- If you are getting out your phone out in the street, don't attract attention to it - try to avoid texting/checking it as you are walking along.
- Take special care when taking it out as you emerge from public transport hubs - these are often hotspots.
- Keeping both hands on the phone and holding it on the side of your body away from the street can make it harder for the thieves.
- Never leave your phone unattended in a public place and don't leave it lying in front of you on a table as you could become prey to distraction theft.
- Don't leave your phone in an unattended car - if you must, lock it out of sight. It only takes a second for your window to smashed.
More top news
A 25-year-old man has been arrested for urinating on the Cenotaph in Whitehall and pulling down commemorative wreaths.
As many as 60 bands in beautiful costumes are taking part in the grand finale of the Notting Hill Carnival parade today.
Smoke was seen for miles around today after a Wetherspoon pub caught fire in south east London.