- Ensure it's harder for thieves to get at your phone by making a habit of keeping it in a secure or zipped pocket.
- If you are getting out your phone out in the street, don't attract attention to it - try to avoid texting/checking it as you are walking along.
- Take special care when taking it out as you emerge from public transport hubs - these are often hotspots.
- Keeping both hands on the phone and holding it on the side of your body away from the street can make it harder for the thieves.
- Never leave your phone unattended in a public place and don't leave it lying in front of you on a table as you could become prey to distraction theft.
- Don't leave your phone in an unattended car - if you must, lock it out of sight. It only takes a second for your window to smashed.
More top news
Drug gangs are exploiting large numbers of children and pushing them onto the frontline of the UK’s class A drugs trade, ITV News reveals.
Paramedics were called to reports of an unresponsive baby girl on a bus in east London - she later died in hospital.
Transport for London is not happy that its branding has been used.