- Ensure it's harder for thieves to get at your phone by making a habit of keeping it in a secure or zipped pocket.
- If you are getting out your phone out in the street, don't attract attention to it - try to avoid texting/checking it as you are walking along.
- Take special care when taking it out as you emerge from public transport hubs - these are often hotspots.
- Keeping both hands on the phone and holding it on the side of your body away from the street can make it harder for the thieves.
- Never leave your phone unattended in a public place and don't leave it lying in front of you on a table as you could become prey to distraction theft.
- Don't leave your phone in an unattended car - if you must, lock it out of sight. It only takes a second for your window to smashed.
More top news
As people across London celebrate Christmas, Micah Community Church share their Christian beliefs of the special day.
Police are now investigating the 'unexplained' death of a 23 year old man from Erith who was found dead in June.
Most of the squatters who took over the former RBS HQ on Trafalgar Square to feed homeless people on Christmas day have been evicted.