- Ensure it's harder for thieves to get at your phone by making a habit of keeping it in a secure or zipped pocket.
- If you are getting out your phone out in the street, don't attract attention to it - try to avoid texting/checking it as you are walking along.
- Take special care when taking it out as you emerge from public transport hubs - these are often hotspots.
- Keeping both hands on the phone and holding it on the side of your body away from the street can make it harder for the thieves.
- Never leave your phone unattended in a public place and don't leave it lying in front of you on a table as you could become prey to distraction theft.
- Don't leave your phone in an unattended car - if you must, lock it out of sight. It only takes a second for your window to smashed.
More top news
Protestors angry about an immigration raid at Byron burger earlier this week reacted by launching hundreds of insects into the restaurant
The author of the beloved children's books series said it felt 'wonderful' to launch the stage play on the West End
Crew members of the IchorCoal paid tribute to two sailors who died during the 11-month circumnavigation of the globe.