- Ensure it's harder for thieves to get at your phone by making a habit of keeping it in a secure or zipped pocket.
- If you are getting out your phone out in the street, don't attract attention to it - try to avoid texting/checking it as you are walking along.
- Take special care when taking it out as you emerge from public transport hubs - these are often hotspots.
- Keeping both hands on the phone and holding it on the side of your body away from the street can make it harder for the thieves.
- Never leave your phone unattended in a public place and don't leave it lying in front of you on a table as you could become prey to distraction theft.
- Don't leave your phone in an unattended car - if you must, lock it out of sight. It only takes a second for your window to smashed.
More top news
Arsenal managed to beat Everton at the weekend but it wasn't enough to finish in the top for the first time in Wenger's time at the club.
The entertainer was held for the murder of Stuart Lubbock, who was found dead in his swimming pool in 2001, but never charged.
Although the diamond was believed to be cut in the 19th Century, its history and how it arrived at the car boot sale is unknown.