Edmund King, AA president, said: “We do have real concerns about ‘green goalposts’ being moved after drivers and businesses have invested in low-emission hybrid and diesel vehicles. We need to encourage the take-up of a range of greener vehicles.”
· 70,000 motorists enter London's congestion zone each day
· 2,500 qualify for TfL's Greener Vehicle Discount
· Vehicles must emit less than 100g/km of carbon dioxide
· TfL want tougher rules, reducing the limit to 75g co2/km
· This would rule out all current hybrid and diesel vehicles
David Bizley, the RAC’s technical director,said: “The 75g/km limit is pretty much beyond any current conventional diesel or gasoline vehicle. You really need some sort of plug-in hybrid to qualify.”
More top news
A number of flood alerts are in place for the tidal stretch of the River Thames after it burst its banks yesterday.
Teaching assistant Kevin Wilson who brutally attacked his heavily pregnant ex-girlfriend killing his unborn son, has been jailed for life.
The soldier who tripped up a suspected drug dealer running from police has been revealed, as he admitted his military training kicked in.