Edmund King, AA president, said: “We do have real concerns about ‘green goalposts’ being moved after drivers and businesses have invested in low-emission hybrid and diesel vehicles. We need to encourage the take-up of a range of greener vehicles.”
· 70,000 motorists enter London's congestion zone each day
· 2,500 qualify for TfL's Greener Vehicle Discount
· Vehicles must emit less than 100g/km of carbon dioxide
· TfL want tougher rules, reducing the limit to 75g co2/km
· This would rule out all current hybrid and diesel vehicles
David Bizley, the RAC’s technical director,said: “The 75g/km limit is pretty much beyond any current conventional diesel or gasoline vehicle. You really need some sort of plug-in hybrid to qualify.”
More top news
Kevin Davis, 53, ran a medical company and helped to treat a 15-year-old who had taken a drugs overdose despite not having qualifications.
Daniel Kaluuya is up against the likes of Daniel Day Lewis, Gary Oldman and Denzel Washington for Best Actor at the Oscars.
The 'Theatres at Risk' register lists venues across the country that are most likely to be lost and calls for local authorities to intervene