Edmund King, AA president, said: “We do have real concerns about ‘green goalposts’ being moved after drivers and businesses have invested in low-emission hybrid and diesel vehicles. We need to encourage the take-up of a range of greener vehicles.”
· 70,000 motorists enter London's congestion zone each day
· 2,500 qualify for TfL's Greener Vehicle Discount
· Vehicles must emit less than 100g/km of carbon dioxide
· TfL want tougher rules, reducing the limit to 75g co2/km
· This would rule out all current hybrid and diesel vehicles
David Bizley, the RAC’s technical director,said: “The 75g/km limit is pretty much beyond any current conventional diesel or gasoline vehicle. You really need some sort of plug-in hybrid to qualify.”
More top news
Jame Murray's challenge is to deliver Mr Khan's manifesto pledge to build more than 50,000 new homes a year - half of them affordable.
Ryan Lee was removed from the finishers' list because he was not picked up by the 5k checkpoint.
Tonight, dry with clear spells initially.