On Monday, huge yellow figures depicting different types of injuries will be on display in Spitalfields, to promote better use of A&E by the public. Latest official statistics show that Monday mornings are the busiest days for A&E departments.
It's also been estimated that up to 40% of people use A&E who do not need to.
The statues will then be popping up across east London to spread the message about better use of A&E as part of the NHS yellow and black ‘Not Always A&E’ campaign which started with a billboard campaign in December.
The campaign is backed up by a website that directs people to local resources.
Every year, hundreds of thousands of people wait for hours in A&E when they could have got quicker and more appropriate treatment closer to home.
Around 8% of all A&E visits could have been treated at a local pharmacy, and about 40% of visits to A&E end up with the patient just receiving advice or guidance rather than actual treatment. It has been estimated that unnecessary A&E attendances cost up to £100 million a year in England.
Provisional times and places to see the yellow men:
· Monday 28 January – 1pm-6pm – Bishop’s Square Spitalfields
· Tuesday 29 January – 10am-6pm – Stratford Centre - outside Stratford station
· Wednesday 30 January – 10am-6pm – High Street/Hoe Street - Walthamstow
· Thursday 31 January – 10am-6pm – TBC
· Friday 01 February – 10am-6pm Hackney Service Centre
· Tuesday 05 February – 10-6pm – Brewery shopping centre (outside TKMaxx), Romford
· Wednesday 06 February – 10-6pm – Barking high street
· Thursday 07 February – 10-6pm – The Exchange Ilford OR Ilford high street
· Friday 08 February – 11-6pm – Whitechapel Market
More top news
Arsenal managed to beat Everton at the weekend but it wasn't enough to finish in the top for the first time in Wenger's time at the club.
The entertainer was held for the murder of Stuart Lubbock, who was found dead in his swimming pool in 2001, but never charged.
Although the diamond was believed to be cut in the 19th Century, its history and how it arrived at the car boot sale is unknown.