All claimants who are deemed to have at least one spare bedroom will be affected. This includes:
- Separated parents who share the care of their children and who may have been allocated an extra bedroom to reflect this. Benefit rules mean that there must be a designated ‘main carer’ for children.
- Couples who use their ‘spare’ bedroom when recovering from an illness or operation
- Foster carers because foster children are not counted as part of the household for benefit purposes
- Parents whose children visit but are not part of the household
- Families with disabled children
- Disabled people including people living in adapted or specially designed properties.
More top news
The London mayor publicly backed defeated candidate Owen Smith in the contest which saw Mr Corbyn re-elected party leader.
Police described it as a "growing sink hole" and it's unclear when the road will reopen.
The victim, in her 30s, was sitting in a garden in the early hours of the morning when a man leapt over the fence.