All claimants who are deemed to have at least one spare bedroom will be affected. This includes:
- Separated parents who share the care of their children and who may have been allocated an extra bedroom to reflect this. Benefit rules mean that there must be a designated ‘main carer’ for children.
- Couples who use their ‘spare’ bedroom when recovering from an illness or operation
- Foster carers because foster children are not counted as part of the household for benefit purposes
- Parents whose children visit but are not part of the household
- Families with disabled children
- Disabled people including people living in adapted or specially designed properties.
More top news
Feeling warmer in much lighter winds.
Delays, diversions and cancellations caused chaos to services on South West Trains which were hit by signal failures in south west London.
During the attack Ione Wells' head was smashed against the pavement, her attacked grabbed at her chest with such force that it tore her bra.