All claimants who are deemed to have at least one spare bedroom will be affected. This includes:
- Separated parents who share the care of their children and who may have been allocated an extra bedroom to reflect this. Benefit rules mean that there must be a designated ‘main carer’ for children.
- Couples who use their ‘spare’ bedroom when recovering from an illness or operation
- Foster carers because foster children are not counted as part of the household for benefit purposes
- Parents whose children visit but are not part of the household
- Families with disabled children
- Disabled people including people living in adapted or specially designed properties.
More top news
The 78-year-old woman suffered serious injuries after her bag became trapped between the doors of a train at Notting Hill Gate station.
The oil has affected wildlife and boat owners have been told not to move their vessels to avoid spreading it.
Fearing for public safety, PC Chegwin pushed her in the chest in a defensive manner, not knowing she had extensive breast surgery.