All claimants who are deemed to have at least one spare bedroom will be affected. This includes:
- Separated parents who share the care of their children and who may have been allocated an extra bedroom to reflect this. Benefit rules mean that there must be a designated ‘main carer’ for children.
- Couples who use their ‘spare’ bedroom when recovering from an illness or operation
- Foster carers because foster children are not counted as part of the household for benefit purposes
- Parents whose children visit but are not part of the household
- Families with disabled children
- Disabled people including people living in adapted or specially designed properties.
More top news
Teenage racing driver Billy Monger will receive a Pride of Sport award after promising his injuries won't stop him doing what he loves.
Scotland Yard said two murder investigations have been launched following the separate incidents, which both happened in the past week.
Photos show the extraordinary surgical procedures to remove the growth.