All claimants who are deemed to have at least one spare bedroom will be affected. This includes:
- Separated parents who share the care of their children and who may have been allocated an extra bedroom to reflect this. Benefit rules mean that there must be a designated ‘main carer’ for children.
- Couples who use their ‘spare’ bedroom when recovering from an illness or operation
- Foster carers because foster children are not counted as part of the household for benefit purposes
- Parents whose children visit but are not part of the household
- Families with disabled children
- Disabled people including people living in adapted or specially designed properties.
More top news
The killer's solicitor has written to police challenging them to prove his confession.
Tottenham last won the league back in 1961 - but they are feeling confident after a string of great performances this year so far.
Crimestoppers are offering the reward as police say they are becoming increasingly concerned at the viciousness of the assaults.