All claimants who are deemed to have at least one spare bedroom will be affected. This includes:
- Separated parents who share the care of their children and who may have been allocated an extra bedroom to reflect this. Benefit rules mean that there must be a designated ‘main carer’ for children.
- Couples who use their ‘spare’ bedroom when recovering from an illness or operation
- Foster carers because foster children are not counted as part of the household for benefit purposes
- Parents whose children visit but are not part of the household
- Families with disabled children
- Disabled people including people living in adapted or specially designed properties.
More top news
The Metropolitan Police said the building material was found in the force's former training facilities.
The toddler was seriously injured when one of the cars rolled and trapped him between the vehicles in a private car park
The millionaire winner is one of 10 lucky players from the EuroMillions Mega Friday draw on 28 November.