All claimants who are deemed to have at least one spare bedroom will be affected. This includes:
- Separated parents who share the care of their children and who may have been allocated an extra bedroom to reflect this. Benefit rules mean that there must be a designated ‘main carer’ for children.
- Couples who use their ‘spare’ bedroom when recovering from an illness or operation
- Foster carers because foster children are not counted as part of the household for benefit purposes
- Parents whose children visit but are not part of the household
- Families with disabled children
- Disabled people including people living in adapted or specially designed properties.
More top news
Southeastern was hit after a freight train derailed causing travel chaos for hundreds of thousands of passengers.
The club says the decision to sack Ken Hare was "a disappointment". He had been at Roots Hall for 27 years.
The organisation wants to preserve as many signs as possible to add to their collection of protest art.