All claimants who are deemed to have at least one spare bedroom will be affected. This includes:
- Separated parents who share the care of their children and who may have been allocated an extra bedroom to reflect this. Benefit rules mean that there must be a designated ‘main carer’ for children.
- Couples who use their ‘spare’ bedroom when recovering from an illness or operation
- Foster carers because foster children are not counted as part of the household for benefit purposes
- Parents whose children visit but are not part of the household
- Families with disabled children
- Disabled people including people living in adapted or specially designed properties.
More top news
Specialist explosive detection dogs searched through the town examining letter boxes and phone booths for signs of potential devices.
Temperatures soared to 27.9C in Northolt shortly after midday on Thursday, making it the warmest April day for 69 years.
The South East will enjoy the best of the weather and along with Paris will be the hottest place in Europe.