Evidence given at the inquest into the deaths of six people at a tower block fire in Camberwell today questioned whether a construction manager should have checked whether or not new parts were fire-resistant.
Refurbishment work was carried out at Lakanal House two years before it caught alight in 2009.
Today, the jury heard from Southwark Council's construction manager.
Paul Brand sent this report from Lambeth Town Hall.
More top news
John Nolan, who was found with cigarettes and two lighters, suffered burns on 65% of his body after being alight for around six minutes.
Known as Pily she died in January, seven months after the disaster, having suffered a stroke.
The shake-up also aims to smash the "myth" that officers cannot pursue riders who are not wearing helmets.