The project includes:
- A new Central Foyer - a glazed atrium that will cover the space between the Queen Elizabeth Hall and Purcell Room, and the Hayward Gallery.
- A new Glass Pavilion - a venue "floating" on top of the Central Foyer, designed to hold a full orchestra of 150 and choir of up to 250 plus small audience.
- A new 'liner' building along Waterloo Bridge, including a national literature centre and two restaurants.
- New venues for gigs and dance performances in the undercrofts - the spaces underneath the complex.
- general refurbishment work
- improved disabled access
More top news
Ian Bashford was just 200 metres from the finish line when he was struck by the car.
Cycling advocates have described the ad as appalling, and say Transport for London should instead focus on making lorries safer.
Relocating to a commuter town could save lots of money even when taking into account the cost of rail tickets, according to new research.