The project includes:
- A new Central Foyer - a glazed atrium that will cover the space between the Queen Elizabeth Hall and Purcell Room, and the Hayward Gallery.
- A new Glass Pavilion - a venue "floating" on top of the Central Foyer, designed to hold a full orchestra of 150 and choir of up to 250 plus small audience.
- A new 'liner' building along Waterloo Bridge, including a national literature centre and two restaurants.
- New venues for gigs and dance performances in the undercrofts - the spaces underneath the complex.
- general refurbishment work
- improved disabled access
More top news
Khan, the Labour MP for Tooting, claims his plan to hold fares at 2016 prices until 2020 is fully costed.
Lee Drake smashed into a moped in Poplar in June 2014, after going through a red traffic light with blue lights on but no sirens.
More than a decade after their daughter's death the Dowler family were given these harrowing details of their daughter's last hours.