The project includes:
- A new Central Foyer - a glazed atrium that will cover the space between the Queen Elizabeth Hall and Purcell Room, and the Hayward Gallery.
- A new Glass Pavilion - a venue "floating" on top of the Central Foyer, designed to hold a full orchestra of 150 and choir of up to 250 plus small audience.
- A new 'liner' building along Waterloo Bridge, including a national literature centre and two restaurants.
- New venues for gigs and dance performances in the undercrofts - the spaces underneath the complex.
- general refurbishment work
- improved disabled access
More top news
"Three were standing together almost shoulder-to-shoulder in like a little wolf pack and they're staring at me...", said PC Wayne Marques.
Her nails had curled around three times before embedding in her pads.
The death toll from the Grenfell Tower fire is currently believed to be around 80 people, the vast majority of whom were from just 23 flats.