The project includes:
- A new Central Foyer - a glazed atrium that will cover the space between the Queen Elizabeth Hall and Purcell Room, and the Hayward Gallery.
- A new Glass Pavilion - a venue "floating" on top of the Central Foyer, designed to hold a full orchestra of 150 and choir of up to 250 plus small audience.
- A new 'liner' building along Waterloo Bridge, including a national literature centre and two restaurants.
- New venues for gigs and dance performances in the undercrofts - the spaces underneath the complex.
- general refurbishment work
- improved disabled access
More top news
Senior Labour candidate and London Mayor contender David Lammy has admitted to ITV News that a post election deal with the SNP is possible
With the deadline for voting approaching at midnight tonight, here is how to make sure you don't miss out.
A woman has been given a prison sentence for stealing money from coworkers to fund her lavish wedding and buy bikinis for her honeymoon.