The project includes:
- A new Central Foyer - a glazed atrium that will cover the space between the Queen Elizabeth Hall and Purcell Room, and the Hayward Gallery.
- A new Glass Pavilion - a venue "floating" on top of the Central Foyer, designed to hold a full orchestra of 150 and choir of up to 250 plus small audience.
- A new 'liner' building along Waterloo Bridge, including a national literature centre and two restaurants.
- New venues for gigs and dance performances in the undercrofts - the spaces underneath the complex.
- general refurbishment work
- improved disabled access
More top news
The body of Kester David was found in Broomfield Lane, N13 on Wednesday, 7 July 2010. Police believe he died in the early hours of that day.
Her partner was upstairs at the house at Basildon in Essex getting her hospital bag when the masked gang smashed their way in using crowbars
Drivers belonging to the RMT union are due to walkout at 9.30pm on Saturday in a dispute over a sacked colleague.