The project includes:
- A new Central Foyer - a glazed atrium that will cover the space between the Queen Elizabeth Hall and Purcell Room, and the Hayward Gallery.
- A new Glass Pavilion - a venue "floating" on top of the Central Foyer, designed to hold a full orchestra of 150 and choir of up to 250 plus small audience.
- A new 'liner' building along Waterloo Bridge, including a national literature centre and two restaurants.
- New venues for gigs and dance performances in the undercrofts - the spaces underneath the complex.
- general refurbishment work
- improved disabled access
More top news
18 year old Shafiq Smith was charged early this morning with the murder of Omid Saidy
Londoners told to expect gale force winds and disruption to transport as the storm hits the UK
Omid Saidy, 20, was knifed to death after asking a drug dealer and another man to leave the area, police say.