The project includes:
- A new Central Foyer - a glazed atrium that will cover the space between the Queen Elizabeth Hall and Purcell Room, and the Hayward Gallery.
- A new Glass Pavilion - a venue "floating" on top of the Central Foyer, designed to hold a full orchestra of 150 and choir of up to 250 plus small audience.
- A new 'liner' building along Waterloo Bridge, including a national literature centre and two restaurants.
- New venues for gigs and dance performances in the undercrofts - the spaces underneath the complex.
- general refurbishment work
- improved disabled access
More top news
The author of the beloved children's books series said it felt 'wonderful' to launch the stage play on the West End
Crew members of the IchorCoal paid tribute to two sailors who died during the 11-month circumnavigation of the globe.
A man has died after being attacked outside Bethnal Green tube station in front of horrified onlookers